These models of high-end mechanical watch faces contain many of the most complex "complications" found in real watches, plus refinements found nowhere else. All displays maintain the look and feel of real mechanical objects, but with the time and location accuracy of the iPhone.
NOTE: This app (Emerald Chronometer) is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Please also see Emerald Chronometer HD, a separate product optimized for the iPad.
- Highly accurate data from 4000 BCE to 2800 CE
- Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 classical planets
- The correct shape and orientation of the Moon in all phases but still using a mechanical display
- Relative positions of the Sun, Moon, 6 planets and the constellations of the zodiac
- "Compass functions" show the elevation and azimuth of the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 planets
- The Equation of Time, solar time and sidereal time
- Eclipse predictor (lunar node indicators and separation indicator)
- User settable geographic location and timezone using an 80,000 city database
- A unique face showing the rise and set times of all 5 classical planets plus the Sun and the Moon at once
- Day/date/month/year indicators, using mechanical wheels
- Local and UTC time
- Chronograph (stopwatch) with split timer, 1/10 sec accuracy
- Alarm clock and interval timer; notifications are delivered in iOS 4 if the app is not running**
- World-time watch with 24-city ring on one side and 4 subdials on the other
- Calendar watch with rotating wheels showing a full month at a time
- Most watches with 1/5 sec or 1/10 sec precision
- Synchronized with standard atomic clocks via NTP
There are 16 watches in all, with 27 total watch faces (including front and back sides).
A setting is available to allow the display to stay on only when plugged in.
Play with the watches by tapping on the crown and moving the hands, or press and hold on a date window to zoom through time to see the effect on the heavens. Then just use them to show you when it's time for a break.
A complete description of each application feature can be found in the built-in Help screens and on the Emerald Sequoia LLC Web Site, which also includes a demo movie. A developer's blog may also be found at http://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/ .
If you are having any trouble with the application whatsoever, please see our FAQ on the support page listed below and then contact us through that page if your problem is not resolved. We take pride in responding promptly to all support email requests.
**NTP accuracy is not guaranteed for alarm delivery if the app is not running. (NTP requires Internet access. Like all apps Emerald Chronometer can not change the device's internal clock.)
- Support for iPhone X
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Just one wish
Everything is just perfect, only I miss one watch with real time (not with daylight saving).
Absolutely brilliant execution of a seemingly impossible task - a faithful representation of the intricacies and beauty of a mechanical timepiece on a tiny computer screen. There are several to choose from, each with their own function. I love this app and see that they have now fixed the only "nag" I had - the odd CTD (Crash To Desktop) it caused just after installation. Get it - you won't regret it.
John Harrison would be proud.
Quite simply, this app installed on the iPhone alone would make it worth owning.
Not only are the timepieces beautifully rendered, but they are so functional that you are left pining for them to be real. The thought that has gone into their design and application is evident, truly masterful creations.
Unquestionably a five star iPhone application, worth tens times it's purchase price.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.