Save the app that could save your life.
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia. The app uses a mobile phone's GPS functionality so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone. ‘Emergency+’ also includes SES and Police Assistance Line numbers as options, so non-emergency calls are made to the most appropriate number.
When calling Triple Zero (000), remember to stay focused, stay relevant, and stay on the line. Before you call, ask yourself:
* Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
* Is your life or property being threatened?
* Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, call Triple Zero (000). Triple Zero calls are free.
Updates to allow users to increase TEXT size on GPS numbers to be more easily read.
Ratings and Reviews
Saved my live!
On last Friday night I suffered a crashing stroke. I was out on the bathroom tiles and couldn't talk, thankfully my wife was right there. She was a little flustered (understandable) and could not remember the number to call. She had this app on her phone and switch straight to the app and called the emergency number directly, also read the home address straight from the app screen.
I apologize if my words are mixed up, but I'm still recovering from the stroke.
I owe my wife for her recognition of what was happening and straight through to the help needed.
Feedback for developer team
* Valuable app which works well.
* No clear channel provided to give feedback to app developer team - 000 website ‘contact us for feedback’ page sends you off to a myriad of pages on Department of Home Affairs website :(
* Feedback on behalf of a visually impaired member of community: the location details may not be very easy for some people to see.
* Perhaps a future release possibly include an accessibility option whereby the user could press a button for the location details to be read out by the phone? [Google maps is able to read out directions even when the phone is on a call, so such a feature may be possible(?).]
I love the concept of the app and recommend it to friends, just hope I never have to use it.
The GPS font size adjustment is great but I don't understand why you don't adjust the street address below it using the same setting.
- National Triple Zero Awareness Work Group
- 6.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fire Rescue New South Wales
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.