By Gridstone Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Australians face disasters every year. When your time comes, how will you stay informed?
Emergency AUS - Delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia.
Providing users with real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations™ to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters.
By bringing together emergency information from over 20 official sources and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
- View information on the map or in a list
- Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
- National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
- Links to the official information sources provided
- Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
- Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including
* Structure Fire
* Planned Burns
* Smoke hazard
* Hazardous Material
Emergency AUS empowers the public to share comments and photos of emergency situations in real-time to help keep others informed. Observations of an emergency situation that you share or receive on issues including blocked roads, fire location, flood water depth, wind intensity can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
- Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
- Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
- All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
- Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell).
- Observation categories include "incident observations", "damage and loss observations" and "community to community" support.
- Set a watch area to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
- Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warnings validity to your watch areas.
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided within Emergency AUS, and remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE, powered by RIPE Intelligence.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network. Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
What's New in Version 1.1.2
iOS 7 compatibility patch
Lots to like
The fact that this relates to more than fire is fantastic. Just wait (let's not hope but realistically one will happen eventually) for a flood or severe storm and this app will come into its own. For those impatient ones I'm sure updates will come. Did it occur to anyone that they wanted to release something useful for the current fire season?! I believe this will be the future of emergency information in Australia. I look forward to the updates.
Shows promise but a pity about the nuff nuffs...
People are able to enter observations to share on this app. Therefore you get priceless gems such as 'the temperature is rising here'. Der! Or they can see a plume of smoke in the far distance. Also a person putting in fake observations from various locations. Unfortunately it clogs up the really useful information that it generates. If you could screen out idiots it would be really useful.
Change the State!
I normally live in Newcastle, NSW but my family live in Tassie so I holiday in Tassie alot. Right now there are bushfires here in Southern Tassie but this app is telling me about fires in NSW, even though the map correctly gives my location in Launceston.
The app should be capable of using your location details for any alerts and you should be able to manually change the location.
Great idea, poor execution.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 27 September 2013
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gridstone Pty Ltd
- © Gridstone PTY LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Watch Zone Pack$4.49
- NSW States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- VIC States Subscription (1 year) $4.49
- All States Subscription (1 year)$24.99
- QLD States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- WA States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- SA States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- ACT States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- NT States Subscription (1 year)$4.49
- TAS States Subscription (1 year)$4.49