EPOCH - Post-apocalyptic Robot Combat
Made in Australia by new game development studio Uppercut Games
Featured as "Game of the Week" on the App Store!
* IGN.COM - "iOS cover shooting done right".
* TOUCHARCADE.COM - "Cover never felt so awesome"
* SLIDETOPLAY.COM - "Combine the gorgeous look with the superbly tuned touch-screen controls and high level of replayability, and result is a great and unique iOS action game ..."
* GIZMODO.CO.UK - "EPOCH is the new cover-shooter king by several circuit-boards."
* POCKETGAMER.CO.UK - "re-imagining the genre completely for the touchscreen"
* APPOLICIOUS.COM - "It's an absolutely gorgeous game with fast paced visceral combat that keeps you on your toes, and it even has an interesting story thrown in the mix."
* GAMEPRO.COM - "...the game is an Unreal Engine-powered visual tour-de-force that is sure to impress both you and your friends."
UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY
Follow the echoes of a lost civilization in a visually-stunning post-apocalyptic world where only robots survive to fight a never-ending war. Fight towards your goal and piece together the fragments to reveal exactly what happened when the old world ended. Is this the dawn of a new Epoch? And how can you find the one person you were originally assigned to protect?
CHOREOGRAPH THE ACTION
Control your character with intuitive finger swipes. Make split-second tactical decisions, take cover, select targets, dodge incoming fire, utilize special abilities, and launch countermeasures!
DESTROY, SALVAGE AND UPGRADE
Battle escalating waves of robots in arena-style combat, and upgrade yourself with pieces torn from your fallen enemies! Configure your robot with dozens of weapons, armors, boosters and counters.
IMMERSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN
Fight in multiple locations across a vast and ravaged city, and gather fragments of the past with logs from a cast of characters, each with their own perspective on the apocalyptic events that destroyed a once-proud civilization.
STUNNING AAA VISUALS
Utilize the enhanced visual capabilities of the iPhone4S and iPad 2 with high-resolution graphics powered by the UnrealEngine, the same engine used to create the visuals of the award winning Infinity Blade.
About Uppercut Games
Uppercut Games is an independent game studio whose founders have a long development history, working on award winning games such as Bioshock, Tribes: Vengeance, Freedom Force and Fallout: Tactics.
Updated for compatibility with 64 Bit iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Great Offline Game
This is a really good game, nice effort on the graphics. This game is good if people want to play this on vacations.
Don not working
I bought this game so I could get the ogre turret in EPOCH.2 but I still don’t got ogre turret. Why?
Great Game, with a few exceptions
Epoch is without a doubt one of the best games I've seen on an iOS platform. The cover shooter style works really well with the iPhone, and is definitely better than FPS attempts I've seen on iOS.
I really enjoyed unravelling the storyline through the Intercepts feature. It really gives a wide view of what happened with official and personal recounts. My favourite that comes to mind are the accountants', which really added a emotional depth to the game. The binary at the end was also a pretty cool add-on.
if I had to nitpick though, I did have a few problems here and there. The most apparent I came across was the difficulty curve. I played through easy at a comfortable, yet still challenging pace. But once that boss level came, I saw myself replaying the game a few times to upgrade weaponry enough to actually finish it. I think increasing the difficulty earlier on in a more gradual way would really lift the game.
I also had a few freezes in game after a weapon upgrade. The buttons were pressing, and the menu pausing, but my character was non responsive. I'm also a bit scared to close the game after reading the amount of crashes people are getting.
But regardless of those Epoch is amazing, and it's great to see Aussie developers creating such a sweet game on iOS, and getting the recognition they deserve. Great work guys!
- Uppercut Games Pty Limited
- 266.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2011 Uppercut Games Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 500000 $14.99
- 100000 $7.99
- 1500000 $22.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.