A video is worth a thousand words, you can check a "thrilling" demo of Everyday Looper here : http://www.tinyurl.com/ELDemo3
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases - 6 on an iPad - and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it's suited for two-handed instruments too.
- As seen on CNN -
"Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper." CultOfMac.com
"A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton" MacLife.de
"This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices" AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for "Everyday Looper" to see many great user videos !
Here is what we've got :
New In Version 1.6
UNDO / REDO
• Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
• Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]
• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]
• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
STEREO TRACKS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Pan your tracks in the stereo field.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]
• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]
• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a "de luxe" metronome.
MIDI CONTROLLERS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]
• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
2 INPUT CHANNELS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) - 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]
• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols
- 64 bits compatibility
- Improved large screen support
Ratings and Reviews
I have searched the web for over a decade looking for a looping sample recorder, ( ended up having to make it in Reaktor) but no iPad option till I found this, and the design is genius!
Every dj, and producer should have this running in the background to grab those happy accidents that happen when your 'in the zone'
Thank you! Without a doubt the best $6.50 I have ever spent.
This app is imperative to your collection of music apps! Helps for song ideas and creating a "sound" for your ideas. My only wish is to have a count-in feature before recording so as not to have to sit through a whole revolution to begin recording.
I use this in workshops with kids. much better than voice jam. its a battle off between eydy and loopy for the best loop app. I still can't fig out how to get out of stereo mode.
only downside is that you can't use loops of different lengths or trigger sample loops individually
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.