Fast Fractal is the fastest Mandelbrot set explorer for iOS.
- Blazing speed allows perfectly fluid exploration with standard pinch and swipe gestures
- Spectacular image quality
- Double-precision floating point math allows 100,000,000,000 times magnification
- Full support for multi-core chips
- Easily set the coordinates and number of iterations
- Easily switch between Mandelbrot and Julia sets
Fast Fractal is made by the developer of tChess (the popular chess app) and Learn Chess (the Apple Staff Favorite e-book).
- Improved rendering system displays maximum image quality in real-time (instead of after a short delay)
- New oversampling system produces amazing image quality without affecting app responsiveness or memory usage
- Supports the native screen resolutions of all iOS devices
- Refreshed UI
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. I think I’m brought closer to a panic attack every time I use it.
Best in app store
While it isn't the fastest, it is definitely one of the faster apps. The precision is also the highest of them I have seen. Definitely worth a download.
I just love looking at the Mandelbrot fractal. It makes you realise everything exists relatively.
That said, when you get to a certain zoom, each time you try to zoom further in it jumps you backwards. This is a little jarring and confusing, given the repetitive nature of the fractal, perhaps you should have a warning, some sort of message.
Very nice app, best Mandelbrot explorer on the store (free).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.