Can I have an occasional drink while breastfeeding? How does alcohol affect breastmilk? How long should I wait after having a drink, before I breastfeed?
Feed Safe provides the best advice from Australia's most trusted source of breastfeeding information, the Australian Breastfeeding Association. It was developed in consultation with researchers from Curtin University, Western Australia. Feed Safe is based on up-to-date research and official Australian health recommendations.
- Understand the official guidelines and how alcohol affects breastmilk
- Calculate the time till there should be no alcohol in your breastmilk, based on your height and weight
- View a handy standard drink guide
- Find contact details for breastfeeding information services
New in version 1.2.1:
This update brings a few small improvements that you probably won't even notice ;)
New in version 1.2:
This update brings full support for larger screened devices, so Feed Safe now looks great no matter what your screen size. We've also:
- Freshened Feed Safe up with updated graphics
- Fixed a bug where some users may not receive a notification when the timer finishes. Be sure that notifications are enabled for Feed Safe in your device settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but would be good to put fractions in
I am trying to minimize my alcohol intake so am having 0.3 or 0.5 standard drinks in a sitting so it would be good to be able to put this instead of just 1 std drinks etc
Great app if you are having “standard drinks”. Unfortunately most beers are 1.3 standard drinks etc. would be great if you could add this in the app.
Currently is basically a fancy timer :)
"Should be free of alcohol"
Doesn't allow you to put in more than 6 drinks. What if you've had a few more wines at a wedding etc?!
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Feed Safe is only intended to assist with timing a feed after small to moderate alcohol intake. Many other factors come into play after a heavier session, which is why the app only goes to six drinks. There is more about this in the information section of the app.
- Reach Health Promotion Innovations Pty Ltd
- 26 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Reach Health Promotion Innovations PTY LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.