Nurofen FeverSmart Temperature Monitor accurately and continuously tracks a child's temperature, for added control and reassurance in managing their fever.
- Highly accurate temperature readings (+/-0.2oc)
- Monitors constantly as they sleep or play
- Receive temperature alerts if their fever spikes
- The app clearly shows current and recent temperature readings on a line graph.
- Log medication and receive reminders when it’s possible to re-dose.
- Screen highlights whether temperature is low, normal, moderate or high with blue, green, orange, red colour code.
- Share temperature history with your doctor or clinician.
Simple to set-up and use:
1. Simply pair the FeverSmart Monitor to your phone,
2. Place the monitor under the arm of your child, using one of the super-sensitive adhesives.
3. The monitor stays under the arm and continuously sends temperature readings to your phone.
Suitable for use from birth. Registered medical device in EU, US, South Africa & New Zealand.
Bug fixes and minor functionality updates. We recommend to install this update.
Ratings and Reviews
App needs major improvements
This app and associated temperature device is a wonderful addition to our tools as parents. However to be functional and worth the expensive price tag of the monitoring device major improvements are needed to the app. The technology itself is great and these are basic modifications to the app to ensure usability, child safety and ultimately success on the medical app market.
- temperature monitoring device stayed in place (although Baby is a back sleeper who doesn’t move much)
- easy to set up (app and device)
- can add multiple family members
- colour coded temperature screens for easy reference
- child’s arm must be down (my 3 month old baby sleeps in a Grobag with her arms above her head)
- temperature alerts are set accordingly to child’s age however parents need to be able set personal lower alerts if necessary (e.g. with arms up temperature is understandably approx 1 degree lower than recorded on app so last night my baby’s temperature spiked at 38.1 however the app only showed 37.1. I knew this might happen and woke regularly to check temp however if I hadn’t been so vigilant no alert would have been sent until the app registered 38 at which time my babies temp would have been a life threatening 39!)
- alerts are great but they need to have a ‘test alert’ button so parents can be assured that their phone settings are correct and the alert will wake them when necessary)
Functional but flawed
The device appears to read the temperature correctly as it’s readings align with my traditional probe however I can’t fully trust said reading as the device will never be seated correctly under my 12 month olds arm. When it is placed exactly per the instructions the rigid plastic design and sub-par adhesive cause the monitor to lift.
DO NOT close the app, it must be reconnected if you do and then you have to start the entire session over again including warmup. Not to mention waking the child when you have to reconnect it.
It has potential but for now I’m looking forward to version 2.
Experiencing continual connection drop-outs even after following all instructions and the phone and device are in close proximity. Is this a hardware or software issue? If the latter, can this be resolved with an app update? About to return device for a refund if this can’t be fixed.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- 90.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
English, Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Reckitt Benckiser (Brands) Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.