By Polonious Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Field Kit – Polonious' Case Management System for mobile devices – brings your case investigations onto your phone or tablet. Receive new investigation details, record voice interviews, take surveillance videos and photos and upload them straight to your own hosted environment for private teams or just manage them on your local device. Field Kit increases productivity and turnaround time for professional investigators.
What's New in Version 1.1
– Geo-tagging of case actions: Actions that are created in Field Kit are now tagged with their geolocation. Once the actions are sent to the server, the Polonious mapping module can be used to visualise the actions on a map. (Note: Geo-tagging can be enabled/disabled in the Field Kit settings.)
– Unlimitted number of cases: In Field Kit version 1.0 a maximum of 50 cases could be loaded from the server to the mobile app. Since version 1.1 you can now configure the maximum number you would like Field Kit to load. (Note: Although Field Kit allows you to load unlimitted number of cases now, for performance reasons we recommend not loading more than 100 cases on older devices.)
– Navigate to address: If the case details which are loaded form the server contain a geo-coded address for a case, next to the address a map icon is displayed. When the user clicks on that icon, the device specific native map application is loaded and the area map is loaded. (Note: This feature requires a native map application as well as Internet connectivity.)
- Attaching files to a case: In Field Kit 1.0 you could take photos, videos and record interviews from within a case action. Via the new “File” button it is now possible to choose any file stored on the device and upload it to the case. This allows you to e.g. add previously recorded videos or other attachments to cases.
- Configure downloadable action types: A new flag in the administration section of Polonious “Action Types” has been implemented. The flag is called “Synchronise to Field Kit”. Only action types where this flag is enabled are downloaded to the mobile. This avoids downloading of unnecessary actions like “Email alerts”.
– On top of the new features listed above, many other minor enhancements have been implemented.