By Brad Sokol
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Field Tools is an efficient, easy to use depth of field calculator for photographers working in the field. Using just a few touches, you can quickly calculate hyperfocal, near focus and far focus distances, all from a single screen. App settings are also a single touch away. Features include:
- Large, easy to read result display
- Switch distance type - hyperfocal, near limit, far limit and combined near/far limits - with a single touch
- Sliders for adjusting focal length, aperture and focus distance
- Configure multiple cameras and lenses and switch between them with just a few touches
- Results in meters or feet
Source code is available under the Apache Software License. Follow the link to the project page for more information.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
New in version 2.3.3:
* Bug fixes.
What's new in version 2.3:
* Support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
* Use selectable subject distance ranges to more precisely set the subject distance.
* New distance units: centimetres with tenths (i.e. millimetres).
* Added tips for using the variable scrubbing speed sliders that were added in version 2.2.
* Improved calculations.