Fighting Fantasy: Blood of the Zombies
By Tin Man Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fighting Fantasy, the world famous interactive gamebook series returns for its 30th Anniversary! Ian Livingstone and Tin Man Games present Blood of the Zombies on iOS!!
"Insane megalomaniac Gingrich Yurr is preparing to unleash an army of monstrous zombies upon the world. He must be stopped and his undead horde defeated. In this life-or-death adventure the decisions YOU make will decide the fate of the world. Can YOU survive or will YOU become a zombie too?"
** REVIEWS **
“Blood of the Zombies is a hugely enjoyable, brilliantly presented, hilariously violent romp. If this is your first gamebook or your 30th, you’re going to have a whale of a time.” – POCKET GAMER - 9/10 - GOLD AWARD!
“…its speedy combat and inbuilt adversity make it a great candidate for the app treatment. A skilled app designer and an experienced author have collaborated and managed the rare feat of creating something greater than the sum of their individual talents.” - GAMEZEBO - 4.5/5
“Ultimately, fans of the old stories should enjoy Blood of the Zombies. It delivers an authentic Fighting Fantasy experience while updating the gameplay and style in its own way. ” – STARBURST - 8/10
“…for those looking for an interesting storyline and a delightful walk down memory lane, it’s a sterling effort and one that very much deserves its asking price. I’m already looking forward to other Fighting Fantasy/Tin Man Games collaborations.” – 148 APPS - 4.5/5 – EDITOR’S CHOICE!
“Beautifully presented, a little campy but oh-so-worth that walk down memory lane, Blood of the Zombies will not go amiss in your library of interactive iOS-based tales.” – TOUCH ARCADE - 4/5
** FEATURES **
Blood of the Zombies is a digital Fighting Fantasy gamebook, an interactive adventure in which YOU are the hero! You can only win through by choosing the correct path, finding equipment, avoiding traps and surviving combat.
Exclusive new features in the app:
• All new death endings, written by Ian Livingstone. Not available in the print book!
• Kevin Crossley’s amazing illustrations colorised for the app, making full use of the high-resolution retina displays.
• Alternate artwork to unlock by Fighting Fantasy favourite, Martin McKenna.
• Achievements to find throughout the gamebook with full Game Center connectivity.
• Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
• An animated Greg Staples cover – the zombie comes to life!
Blood of the Zombies has been brought to iOS using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Universal iOS support. Buy the app once and it works on all your devices!
• Read the book horizontally or vertically on your iPad.
• An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
• Realistic physics based dice rolling. Shake your iOS device!
• Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
• Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
Tin Man Games have signed a licensing deal to release the Fighting Fantasy series on iOS, so expect to see more of your favourite adventure gamebooks appearing on the App Store!
Coming Soon... The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Forest of Doom, Deathtrap Dungeon, Appointment with F.E.A.R. and more!
What's New in Version 1.2
Gets everything right
I read every Fighting Fantasy book that was available from the libraries when I was a kid. This is a perfect rendition of those game books! I literally can't think of a single thing they could have done better. Perfect background music, easy-to-read text with adjustable font and size, great art which you can zoom in on with simple tap, a full bookmark system (no more keeping 4 fingers on 4 separate pages in case you die!), and even an extras menu with achievements and an art gallery. Also, when you enter combat, the game rolls a virtual dice which is honestly one of the most solid and realistic virtual dice I have seen (better than many dedicated dice apps). It's a good-looking and smooth-playing experience from the moment you start it up.
You will be very happy with this book, as long as you know what you're getting. It's a game-book, but mostly a book :) Even though you are making choices constantly, and rolling a dice to fight the zombies, it's really more of a book than a game.
In summary this really is a superb app and after playing through it, I understand why it is expensive. This is what an app looks like when the developer puts in care, effort and polish. Fantastic! I really want to buy a few more of these books, but being $7.50 each I will have to limit myself to 1 every fortnight.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 05 March 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 207 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- © 2012 Tin Man Games Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.