Speed through several exciting stages. Pick a character and choose your path as you drive!
The impressive sense of speed, catchy tunes and a super-retro look, will kick you back to the 80s! Beat the clock to the next checkpoint and don't let the pesky challenger beat you!
- Old-school arcade racing through 14 stages
- Real-time road splits (choose as you go)
- Fast, fast driving action!
- Awesome pixel art, for a perfect retro feeling
- 3 fantastic pop-rock tunes
- 3 selectable characters, with different skills
- Crash sequences (watch out for that tree!)
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
- Touch, accelerometer and MFi Game Controllers support
- 3 difficulty levels
- Touch Arcade: "I just can’t believe how hooked I’ve been on it since it came out."
- Pocket Gamer: "A pitch-perfect blend of retro nostalgia and blistering, hair-flapping arcade racing."
NOTICE: Virtual Joypad from getjoypad.com seems to be a closed project and we can no longer support it.
Fixed Game Controller support
Ratings and Reviews
Best homage to outrun on ios.
Excellent Outrun style game. I still come back to it, and will always keep it on my ipad (it only takes about 11mb installed). If you like this style of arcade racer, check this one out for sure.
The first one distilled the Outrun experience into a most playable and enjoyable IOS delight. This one does it even better. The art has been redone completely. It has much more of a cartoony, hand-drawn look than the first and it really pops! It flies past in 3D at breakneck speed. The handling feels more lively to me, even with the most meat-fisted driver. (There are three drivers now.) There are many more stages than the first, and they are all new. Some of the stages have sweet effects like rain, snow and night-time. There are new gameplay elements, like outrun-style stage selection (left/right branching) and an opponent to beat in each stage for a score boost.
Really, it's a no-brainer for a dollar.
My recommendation is to get both. If you have any interest in "instant action racing satisfaction" then I'm sure you won't regret it. (Sorry for the cheesy slogan but it's true!)
Amazing tribute to the past.
There aren't many racing games on the iOS platform which go for the stylised route, but Final Freeway 2R uses that as a springboard to create an amazing tribute to the games of that era.
The controls are smooth, the graphics perfect (and incredibly smooth), the music rocking - all of that creates a throwback which makes you feel like you're back in 1986.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.