Find My iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use another iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app on another iOS device, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
If the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you want to locate is running iOS 6 or later, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your missing device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can also keep track of where it has been so you can view its recent location history from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in the iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device
• Lost Mode (iOS 6 or later)
• Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
• Battery charge indicator
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and an iCloud account. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. To be located, your iPad with Wi-Fi, iPod touch, or Mac must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network. Your Mac must also be awake.
• Lost Mode requires the missing device to have iOS 6 or later installed.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Find My iPhone has been updated with an all new design for iOS 7.
Mos valuable app I have ever had.
This app is not only a life saver when and if someone steals my phone, but I also got this app on my iPad and when I can't remember where I put it, it plays the sound on the other device so I can go hunt down my phone where ever it's hiding, this app is absoutally brilliant anyone considering getting it I guarantee you won't regret it unless you "accidentally" erase your phone, lol.
Located iPhone in Busy Chinatown
Actually lost my iPhone in busy Chinatown, and recovered within 60 mins. Got back to vehicle in car park and realised my iPhone was missing! Used this App on my wife iPhone and tracked my lost iPhone to a busy Supermarket. Once near location activated the alert and located my iPhone to a cashier who was holding on the phone. Couldn't believe that I recovered it so quickly.
Love this app. Most invaluable! Is it possible to add a lock out timed function to this app?? We use this app's lost mode when we don't want the kids using Facebook etc at certain times of the day. Love to be able to set times to auto block use between i.e. 4-5pm with auto reconnect. If an emergency to play a sound to parent to unlock.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 22 October 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.