Find My iPhone
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
What's New in Version 4.0
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
Saved me, but refresh was frustratingly slow
The 'Find My iPhone' app was just a cool idea until I left my iPhone 5 in a 3-wheeler taxi in Colombo Sri Lanka. Following in another taxi I tracked the taxi with my phone around the streets on our iPad for 1.5 hours. Finally the driver recognised me in his path standing to the side of a busy road and pulled up saying "it's nice to see you again sir, did you want a taxi?" Lol, that was an understatement.
My driver reached into his back seat and retrieved my phone from under the cushion where it slipped. A bit of excitement I don't intend to repeat.
Only issue in the heat of the moment was lag from a slow refresh rate made it difficult to pinpoint where the other taxi was. Nevertheless I'm very thankful that without warning it worked even with a different local SIM! What a relief when pc issues at home meant that I had not backed up my phone for 3+ years.
Absolutely brilliant !
This app is a must have for every IOS device. It just saved me my iPhone and hours and hours of trying to replace my iPhone after dropping it accidentally whilst riding my bike. I had no idea where i lost it but using an iPad it managed to pin point my lost iPhone to almost one meter radius and by ringing the phone I managed to retrieve it from under half a meter of grass and rubbish in the middle of a public park. Well done Apple.
Just updating my review (above) a year ago. It just saved my bacon again a week ago. I left my phone in a store in Brisbane CBD. Had no idea where I had left it but using my partner's iPhone managed to trace it to the fitting room of Myer. My iphone was sitting on shelf waiting for me. I have an iPhone 5 and a first generation iPad and it works perfectly on both. So I'm not sure why some people have problem with theirs
A life saver and absolute must have!
If it was not for this app I would not have got my iPhone back. After dropping it while getting out of the car across the road from my house, I searched everywhere for it. I knew it had run out of batteries and knew that looking on this app would help to some extent. I kept checking it but it said it was offline as it had run out of batteries. I put an alert out and gave my partners mobile number so that if it was turned on it would alert the person of the number to call. Thankfully they were honest and rang the number and then met me to give it to me back. While this app is not the only reason I got it back it really played a big part in it being returned. A must have!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.