Fitness Buddy : 2400+ Exercise Workout Trainer, Gym Journal Tracker
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
75% OFF!!! 12 HOUR sale! JUST UPDATED and now has 2400+ exercises and over 1000+ HD videos!
Now integrates with Apple Health App for Premium Plans (Settings -> Plans Health App Sharing)
- As seen and recommended by ESPN magazine!
- As seen on late night with Jay Leno!!
- Selected by Gizmodo as one of the best iPhone apps ever.
- Highly rated by Lifehacker: a comprehensive exercise planner
- 7X7 SF blog: the app that may replace personal trainers. [but we'd rather think of it as a tool for personal trainers to aid their clients]
- and raved by many many others...
Find out why gym goers are switching over to Fitness Buddy! With 2400+ unique exercises at your disposal, Fitness Buddy will revolutionize your training regimen. With this app, you will find the workout tracking process simple and easy in order to sustain your motivation and enforce your commitment to your fitness goals.
-- MAJOR FEATURES ---
- 2400+ unique exercises!
- 1000+ HD videos
- Comprehensive exercises for all major equipments including barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, and stability balls
- Exercise categorization (core, lower body, chest, shoulders, back, arms, cardio, stretches)
- 4000+ exercise photos and animations (retina display resolution)
- Detailed exercise instructions and muscle categorizations
- Capabilities to add your own custom exercises and favorite exercises
- Quick and simple workout tracking
- Search bar to quickly find your favorite exercises
75+ workout routines
- Diverse repertoire of exercise routines including workouts for women
- Routines specific to your goals (build big chest, tone butt, lose weight, and more!)
- Routines specific to your equipment (resistance bands, kettlebells, bodyweight only, etc)
- Build your own workout routines
Body metrics tracking
- Track your body weight and metrics (chest, arms, thighs, etc)
- Graph your body progress
- Quick email responses
- Frequent updates
Apple Health App Sharing
- Integrates with Apple Health App (Fitness Buddy Settings -> Plans Apple Health App Sharing)
Upgrade to Fitness Buddy Premium for unlimited access to Premium Programs and Playpen Freeplay workouts, HD videos, dynamic and motivational audio, workout email summaries with tips and advice on healthy living, priority support and more through renewable iTunes subscription.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
And many other features for you to enhance your workout experience. You won’t be disappointed when you train hard with Fitness Buddy.
What's New in Version 5.30
This is the BIGGEST update in the history of Fitness Buddy updates since there was Fitness Buddy. :)
Our team has worked we've worked extremely hard to pack in a ton more content, more smarts (algorithms), a cleaner UI and a ton more so without further ado:
- a brand new UI! iPhone6/6+ native as well! :)
- video home workouts for when you're NOT at the gym with audio cues and custom duration
- 700+ more exercises
- full GPS tracking so you can run/bike/walk/paddleboard ...
- a comprehensive calorie tracker with a curated database and barcode scanning capabilities
- measure heart rate with just your camera using our proven Instant Heart Rate technology
- rest and recover using our Sleep Time sleep cycle alarm clock built directly in
- improved graphs
- social component to add your friends and family to motivate each other
- our own daily blog content
and so much more...
We will continue to improve Fitness Buddy as usual so feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions/comments.
We hope you enjoy this update and rate us 5 stars!
FB (v2.1) - Great App, BUT latest Update Teething Issues
Great gym app. BEEN USING APP for OVER 4 years. Love the new look & feel of latest update, HOWEVER it has teething/bug issues :( gggrrrrrrrrrr
* to input data (record 1 x set - weight & reps) takes "LONGER" than doing a set or 2!!! It lags - not quite sure if it's the new timer running in the background when you start your workout. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!
* have to make sure battery life is almost full prior to starting work out as it NOW uses over 60% of battery capacity. Previous version was very battery friendly.
* lost capacity to record calories, avg speed, incline, etc when doing cardio exercises e.g. treadmill.
Hopefully there will be new update very soon to iron out these bugs & others mentioned in customer reviews. Have ALWAYS highly recommended FB to other gym junkies, but will not do so with current version :(
Terrible update. Search and logging does not work.
Been using this App for a years now. With this new update it has made me very frustrated using the App.
Searching for exercises is buggy. Sometimes does not find exercises that you could previously find. When you search it lists other exercises not even related. If I search for Tricep extension it shows biceps results.
Sometimes when searching for exercises and you click on the exercise it does not allow you to log it on that screen. You need to go back, search again and then try to add it.
Also when searching it expands all sub menus. Makes it very difficult to find the right exercise.
When you begin a workout you can't edit it if you would like to change a particular exercise. As searching for an exercise does not work properly. I try to add the exercise from a workout but the app does not allow it.
The App is very slow to load. Feels very laggy. When you close the app and then reopen it resets everything.
It seems to me that the developers have gone backwards in usability for this app. I do like the workout timer but what's the point if you can't find exercises or log them properly.
Great update, but one huge bug
Been using the app for years. Unfortunately however, the new update appears to only allow you to edit your sets, weights & reps when you select "Do this workout", which then begins a timer to track how long you've been training.
When I then close my phone and get on with my workout, as I go to unlock my phone and update my weights and reps, the app refreshes. This causes the timer to end and my workout to be logged for that day. I can't even go back and edit anything I've done.
If I then select "Do this workout" again, it will add in that I've done two workouts in the one day.
I'd much prefer it if the timer was a removable option, and to also have the ability to edit workouts whenever I like.
It's honestly a great quality app, but this bugs are incredibly frustrating.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 05 June 2016
- Version: 5.30
- Size: 95.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Tom Xu
- © Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fitness Buddy Premium$7.99
- Fitness Buddy Premium$46.99
- Fitness Buddy Premium$14.99