Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker
By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already tracking flights with Flightradar24.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 115 countries include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky (requires GPS equipped device)
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Tap on an airport icon for current delay stats and weather conditions
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Get a detailed list of all flights in the air in your area on your Apple Watch
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flight radar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVERAGE***
Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage. If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check our website BEFORE purchasing the app.
Overview of coverage as of April 2015:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow @flightradar24 on Twitter.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 6.7.0
In this release we improved a few existing features. The responsiveness of the AR view has been greatly improved giving you a better experience when viewing details of the aircraft flying overhead.
Filters have also received an update. You can now enter multiple comma separated entries for airlines, airports and registrations. For example, enter "JFK, LGA, EWR" in the airport filter to see flights for all three New York airports.
Airport pin display got smarter and we’ve made finding the airport you’re looking for easier. Pins for busier airports now show when the map is zoomed out and we’re now able to display more airports when you’re zoomed in.
We have now extended our estimation period for aircraft that are outside of our coverage areas. We now have the option to show up to 120 minutes after coverage has been lost.
A few small updates and bug fixes are also included.
As we cannot reply to reviews, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question.
Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest on @flightradar24.
UPSETTING -- LOSES PLANES
The title says it all. Yesterday was my son's first overseas trip. He was flying to Japan. I tracked his (Australian) Melbourne-Narita flight for the first two hours, when it suddenly disappeared in the early hours of the morning. No amount of refreshing/reinstalling the app or turning off/hard-resetting my phone, changed the situation. It was gone.
I noted in the reviews that this had happened to others, so I downloaded an alternative free app - "Planes Live" for anyone ever in the same position. With tremendous relief, I found his flight exactly where I had calculated it should have been. He is now safely in Tokyo. I cannot believe I PAID for this inept, panic-inducing experience. If I could give it 0 stars, I would. Spend your money elsewhere.
Thank you to the lovely people who took the time to write a review and point out that aircraft will in fact disappear from the screen. It was reassuring to learn this, and to be able to put my faith in a more reliable and responsible app instead. This one has now been deleted.
As an aviation enthusiast I love this app and i think is the second best app in the world with infinite flight (a flight simulator game which is free) being the best! It is real time and real information I have tracked my flights a there when I was in the aircraft so it extremely accurate. It may seem creepy how good it is and how on earth they got the info but it is worth it! You can download it but you can pay for features like size of aircraft icon so a 737 will look like a 737 with 2 engines and then an A380 will have 4 like in real life. And no I am not the creator of this app trying to get you to download it trust me if you like plays download this app and infinite flight!
Really Interesting and accurate
Im no plane spotter but there's enough here to pique my interest. I use it frequently. Problems? Yeh a few. When you start seeking more background info the app moves off into unreturnable pages, many of which have nothing to do with planes eg the local pizza shop‼️What tha❓it's everyone for themselves here. Often no way back too. Be good if all this extra stuff could be reined in with extra control and relevance. I paid the extra but I don't know what I got - confusing.
But really worth the basic app. It's quite incredible. Greg
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 25 March 2016
- Version: 6.7.0
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2015 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arrivals & departures$2.99
- Aircraft icons$2.99
- Custom alerts$7.99