Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it’s a single place to keep up on the news, follow topics you care about and share stories, videos and photos that influence you.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.10
- Flipboard now optimized for the iPad Pro.
- Facebook Messenger integration enables easier sharing between the Messenger and Flipboard apps.
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email email@example.com with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Still bloated and confusing to use
I used to tap twice to save an article to my later reading app (Pocket). Now I am shown a tab to share with my friends and I have to tap again to get to the usual iOS share screen. Who came up with this idea? This is not facebook. Why sharing with my contacts has been given the higher priority than anything else? Flipboard is getting confusing. Following people, news sources, custom magazines and news topics (coming from Zite) have turned flipboard into a mess. The interface is still not clean. Sometimes a double tap brings you back to the previous screen and at other times it's the arrow on the top left. The menus are too cluttered now, a mish mash of flipboard collections, magazines and now my Zite news feed items. And speaking of Zite, I'm gonna miss it because the content was not all that mattered, it was also the clean and neat interface and the beautiful fonts that I can't seem to find anywhere around here.
Flipboard no longer - Annoying UI change wrecks usability
Flipboard is one of the most common apps I use on my iPhone, typically being opened 3-4 times a day to scan news, read articles etc. I typically use my left hand to hold my phone and have always loved the way I can scan articles by flipping with my thumb, pressing to view entire articles all with one hand and thumb control. Truly a flipboard!
The new change which moved the back button to the bottom left has killed this Flipboard function as I now have to either use my right hand to go back or move my left hand right to the bottom of the phone in order to press it. This has meant that the previous one handed operation has now been killed.
It's a truly nasty piece of UI that both wrecks the simplicity of the Flipboard interface and breaks the fundamentals of what this app is about. A five star app that is now down to 2 star (at best) because of this simple change. Hopefully it will be fixed or I'll need to look elsewhere for my news scanning fix.
Best news app
All the stuff you need and want ready to be flipped. This app is the greatest app for integrating news, social media and interests!!!
- Category: News
- Updated: 13 November 2015
- Version: 3.3.10
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.