The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, nickel, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
* This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but foods and products categories in general. It offers you all the information you need to deal with your intolerance and avoid common mistakes.
The app does not replace medical care and should not be used for diagnostic purposes. While the information provided here has been compiled to the best knowledge of the author, mistakes happen, since it is a complex matter, which depends closely on the individual person. We are constantly working to improve the app, but information may be wrong and may even contain harmful recommendations. The Baliza GmbH disclaims any liability as a developer of this app for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information and any resulting damages, consequential damages and other disadvantages. The assertion of claims of any kind is excluded.
• We revised the info section.
• We made some minor corrections to the food database.
• We added more foods.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but bug in Allergy & Filter Pack Download
Great little app but a bug in the download of the allergy and filter pack. I’m not sure just how many times my order went through then. Keep flashing up on screen do you want to purchase - cancel/buy and different dialogue boxes flashing at me. I think it’s okay now but won’t know until charges come through on my statement.
The histamine list….well, they all differ depending on which one you look at but overall, this is great for someone on a gluten free, low-histamine diet ! Would definitely recommend…..just get the download bug fixed.
It's my food bible..
This app has taught me so much more than other sources. It contains detailed information that has helped me pinpoint the particular substances causing my migraines. I have researched deeply in many areas and this has by far been my most useful resource that I continue to check back upon. I recommend it for anyone searching for answers to dietary issues and also for those further down the track to reference observations.
Changed my life
After finding out I'm fructose and lactose interact my life's been chaotic but this app saved my life and is exactly what I need to help select food that doesn't make me sick. Super informative especially if you get the upgrade plenty of accommodating customisations but I was really impressed with how on point it was, i would recommend this to everyone who struggles with food intolerances and allergies. A++
- Baliza GmbH
- 53.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Additional allergens $1.99
- Nutritional values $1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.