By Dominic Manley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Developed for the SPICE program at The University of Western Australia, the Food Web app lets you play with feeding relationships between unique plants and animals found in Western Australia.
Your goal is to create a complete food web using sets of organism disks that represent producers, herbivores and carnivores in an ecosystem. Learn about these species and their roles by flipping the disks to view photos and diet information.
When your food web is complete you can add one of Australia's most destructive introduced species - the cane toad, and see the threat it presents to native animals.
- Three ecosystems to play: Cottesloe Reef, Herdsman Lake and the Kimberley.
- Two difficulty levels, each with several sets of organisms.
- Take snapshots of your completed food webs and save them to your photo library.
- Guides and instructions help you build the food webs and learn about organisms and their relationships in an ecosystem.
What's New in Version 1.2
- New food web: Cottesloe Reef.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 13 February 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 50.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dominic Manley
- © 2016 The University of Western Australia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.