## Top productivity app in 126 countries. More than 2 million satisfied paying users. Featured in Apple's "Amazing Apps" TV commercial.
## Over 340,000 real trees were planted on Earth by our users.
## Staying focused with the cutest gamified timer.
“Forest works well, and if your goal is to be more in the moment, ignore your phone and actually talk to your friends when you are with them, this is the app for you.” — The New York Times
“In order to establish new, better habits, it’s helpful to engage with tools that make it easier to reinforce them. For anyone looking to curtail their phone usage, the Forest app might be for you.” — Business Insider
If you want to temporarily put down your phone and focus on what's more important in real life, you can plant a seed in Forest. As time goes by, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither. The sense of achievement and responsibility will encourage you to stay away from your phone, and will help you make better use of your time. Stop getting distracted by your phone, make you self-motivated and get more things done.
Stay focused. Be present!
• Plant lovely trees and stay focused on what's more important in real life.
• Turn your focused moments into a lush forest.
• Earn rewards and unlock new tree species.
• Share your forest and compete with friends and users around the world.
• Plant trees along with friends & family.
• Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
• Plant real trees on Earth and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
• Manage your own tags and view detailed statistics of your time distribution.
• Browse your weekly, monthly and even your yearly big forest.
• Track your focused time in the Apple Health App.
• Track your daily phone usage and screen time.
• Recall memories of your planting journey with our brand new Forest Timeline!
• Forest is an app available for both iPhone and iPad, and can be accessed across all iOS devices with a one-time purchase. To download or unlock non iOS version of Forest, this requires a separate purchase. However, by logging into the same account, the account data can be synchronized across all platforms.
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other apps that are similar and mimics Forest are not developed by the Forest team. Thank you for your support!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
Some bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Motivate yourself to resist distractions from your device.
Definitely worth it
This app is definitely worth the money! I was a bit hesitant when I first saw it, and I thought it seemed counterintuitive, but it is so useful for studying- I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you set a timer, you can't leave the app or the tree will die, meaning that you're less likely to go on social media or games to procrastinate. Knowing that you have a timer also makes you want to stay focused rather than zoning out, and there is a sense of pride when you see how long you've managed to stay focused for. I managed to study for about three hours on one of the days and didn't feel emotionally or mentally drained because of the ability to set a rest-time timer. I really liked the rest timer because it doesn't let you add more time on once it's up so you can't be tempted to say "just five minutes more" and then not get back to work. When I wasn't using the app, I would procrastinate for hours and relax when I needed to study, but as soon as it was on I got heaps done. I really recommend the app.
Love the iPhone app but the watch app isn't working
When I open the watch app (watch series 3 and iPhone xs with all latest updates) you see the Forest grid and when I tap on that it just says "start planting today!". But there's no way to start planting on the watch app (without going to the phone to start). Which kind of makes the watch app of minimal if any use if you have to have the phone right there to start it? The whole point of the series 3 and 4 Apple watches is that they can be used independently of the phone.
If I'm getting it wrong or misunderstanding how it works then I'm happy to change the review. Otherwise maybe replace "start planting today" with "open the app on your phone to start planting"?
One tip if possible for the phone app is to allow a whitelist of apps. One of the tasks I do is reading and use Kindle on my phone for that. However the app kills the tree everytime I do that task. However I understand if the limitations of ios means that you can't whitelist.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for your inconvenience.
Currently you cannot start a planting session from your watch because we cannot sync the planting progress on phones and watches simultaneously (meaning that if a user started planting on their watch, they could still use their phones) We will continue to work on figuring out how to sync these plant sessions! Thank you for the feedback. :) - Forest
- SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.
- 163.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © SeekrTech CO., LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Box of Sunshine Elixir $2.99
- Bottle of Sunshine Elixir $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.