Shelve those 3-ring binders. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, the original sheet music reader for iPad, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple retail stores worldwide!
From the moment you launch the app, you’ll see how forScore puts your music front and center. Don’t let the interface’s simplicity fool you, though—forScore has an arsenal of tools ready to help you turn practice into performance. Create links to handle repeats with a single tap, play along to an audio track, and use half-page turns to see the bottom half of the current page and the top half of the next one at the same time, removing jarring transitions once and for all.
Thanks to forScore’s ability to import virtually any PDF file from the web and connect directly to services like Dropbox or download your Musicnotes.com purchases, it’s not only the best music reader around, it’s also the world’s library of sheet music—just millimeters thick. Keep those scores organized by tagging your files and let forScore do the rest with its dynamic menus that are always up to date. You can also create, share, and play through setlists for a fully manual approach to grouping and arranging your files.
And when it comes to annotation, forScore's flexibility is unparalleled. Create and edit an unlimited number of drawing presets, add text to your page with adjustable formatting, and add common musical notation symbols with our unique stamps feature (you can even draw or import your own designs). When you're done, share your files and annotations with friends via email, AirDrop, or print them out with AirPrint!
Under the hood, you'll notice forScore's finely-tuned algorithms that use every millisecond of downtime without ever getting in your way. They keep your library organized, make page turns virtually instantaneous, and even learn from you to give you the best possible experience.
That's just the beginning—be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best.
"The iPad, with an app like ForScore, is kind of the ultimate sheet music machine, no?" -Gizmodo
This version has been optimized for the latest iPads, supports the new Apple Pencil's double tap gesture, and includes many other features and improvements. Here are just a few quick highlights:
• Double tap the new Apple Pencil to switch or adjust tools while annotating, or to perform a customizable action when not annotating
• Draw arrows and ovals and use new settings to adjust the properties of certain Shapes
• Avoid accidental input when using Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon with our simplified "prevent finger drawing" option
• Rearrange multiple pages at once by dragging one page, then tapping others to move them all simultaneously
• Use filters to narrow down the items within a setlist, or filter items anywhere based on their setlist membership
• Magnify your scores by up to 3 times their original size with Reflow's expanded zoom factor and scroll speed
• Recover recently deleted scores and setlists using the Backup panel's new recovery feature
• Enjoy more efficient caching and faster transfer speeds to Cue 1.4.3 or later thanks to iOS' support for the HEIC image format
• Archive your forScore library to a Mac via USB using our new, free backup utility (works great even with limited storage on your iPad)
Learn more about these new features at forScore.co/ten-five
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for professional musicians
Storing and reading sheet music has never been easier. Gigs requiring sheet music for lots of different tunes are no longer a hassle. Just alphabetise your search and you’re ready to go! The Dark room feature for taking your handwritten charts on the go without a fuss is incredibly helpful as well. Editing and marking on charts with the Apple Pencil in rehearsals quick and efficient too. Well worth the price!
For a working musician
I like this app very much. I work with a lot of different groups and situations requiring keeping track of many scores and so I have groups or sets for the different places I work. I like the notes I can make in the scores and the ability to link recordings to the score as well.
I use it most days.
This a truly useful music app for ipad
- forScore, LLC
- 36.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $1.49
- Bach: The Mutopia Collection $1.49
- Chopin: The Mutopia Collection $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.