A powerful, flexible graphing calculator
Does far more than most calculators out there.
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Help screens linked directly to many of the available functions and constants. Tap the disclosure arrow to see the definition.
7) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
8) Keep track of significant figures [AKA sig figs]
9) Statistics -- enter data and make a histogram, box and whisker plot, or scatter plot with optional regression line.
If you are viewing this in iTunes, you will see five iPhone screenshots and five iPad screenshots. But even ten shots don't come close to showing everything this calculator can do.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org -- but without the xyz. Thanks!
Fix bug with in-app purchase
Ratings and Reviews
It's only a four star because of confusing interface---it's not the most user friendly app. But otherwise, it is fantastic.
I haven't used it much, but after browsing through it, I'm amazed by the various things this calculator can do. Definitely recommended, especially seeing as it's free!
Also, being able to use it in landscape would be a fantastic addition.
Ok app but not the best user interface
Have tried this application for a week and found the functionality is great for a free application - great work. I however did not find the application that efficient to use due to a poorly designed user interface. Have now removed from my iPad as I use a different application (paid app).
If you are looking for a good free calculator I would suggest giving this app a try.
Been using this app for 3 years now
It's perfect. Does almost as much as my large $200 Casio. I also love reading those "trivia" math and physics equations :P i wish you could add more of those just for fun and for educational purposes :) I'm gonna go buy the full version now
- William Jockusch
- 18.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © William Jockusch 2010-2016
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ads $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.