French English Dictionary +
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Offline Dictionary with over 727,000 Entries - Comprehensive Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * “Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
* * * * * “I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
* * * * * “More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
* * * * * “Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
* * * * * “Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. It includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 727,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Universal app which can be installed on 5 iOS devices.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : dictionnaire, anglais, français, traduction, traducteur, phrases, conjugaison, verbes
What's New in Version 6.2.71
- Added thousands of entries to dictionary including complete sentences in addition to compound forms.
- Included contemporary words like "selfie", "fracking" and "hashtag" that you won't find in other dictionaries.
- Improved availability of online images for numerous dictionary words. If online image is available an icon will appear beneath the Examples section.
- Integrated phrasebook with dictionary so phrases appear in the Examples sections of dictionary (premium versions).
- Localized user interface for French.
- Implemented alert if user taps word to hear pronunciation and speaker is turned off.
- Improved display of multi-line phrases added to My Phrases category of Phrasebook.
- Improved Suggest Improvement link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements.
If you like free updates, please review our app!
OK but needs a larger dictionary
I've been trying to use this app in France. Words are often not on the dictionary, or only have one or two interpretations when five or six are needed. More examples of word usage is also needed. Often there are none. I now use another French dictionary app, and only occasionally refer to this one for a possible alternative explanation. This app is really only useful if you are wanting to use a few basic phrases.
Easy and Effective
This tool is very functional and easy to use. The verb conjugations are clear so it makes this an effective resource for learning Français.
A great help with my French both in Australia and then while over in France. Excellent resource with the vast majority of words I needed right there and offline. Thanks
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 August 2014
- Version: 6.2.71
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.