By Masayuki Akamatsu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Gangsa" is a musical insturment which is used in Balinese Gamelan, an Indonesian traditional performing art. This application has very beautiful sounds which were sampled from a real instrument. Just by tapping the screen, you can easily enjoy a musical performance and the atmosphere of Gamelan. You can also try using advanced play techniques such as muting and sliding.
- Play a long beautiful sound by tapping a metal bar.
- Play a striking sound by tapping a wooden sidebar, although it is not usually used.
- Play successive sounds by sliding your finder over metal bars and wooden bars.
- Mute a playing sound by pressing the bottom end of a metal bar.
- Play a muted sound by tapping while holding down the bottom end of a metal bar.
- Hold playing a muted sound by pressing the top end of a metal bar.
- Each metal bar and side wood have two sound samples to provide a natural sound.
- All sound sources are optimized for an iPhone/iPod touch speaker.
- Play stereo sound by using headphones or stereo speakers.
- Images and animation are used to provide visual feedback while playing.
- Play together with other iPod music.
- A "Visual Effects" switch, a "Auto Mute" switch and a "Master Volume" slider.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Actions handling are improved.
I have studied gamelan for a few years and this app sounds like the real thing. Any chance of adding more instruments like reong or even kompli?
can we expect a fuller version instrument to come?
- Category: Music
- Updated: 20 November 2008
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: 正行 Akamatsu
- © Masayuki Akamatsu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.