GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the interactive visual EQ
• Support for Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro lets you quickly fine-tune sounds, navigate around your project, and perform instruments
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer, percussionist, or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 33 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Drummer loops can be added to your song and then customized with performance controls
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Track to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Export to your iTunes library or share directly to SoundCloud or Apple Music Connect
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Works with Logic Remote
• Use your iPhone or iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Free Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
You cant use it with ipad despite what Apple says.
i have the latest versions of Garageband on both my Macbook pro and my brand new iPad pro. My aim was to create rhythm tracks on the ipad and transfer them aross to the Macbook as the Macbook Garageband app doesn't have the facility to manually play digital drums (Why? Apple why? If you can do it on the ipad, surely it’s also possible on the Macbook) but no matter what i try, how many forums’ advice I follow, Garageband does not share. I have transferred macbook files to the iPad only to get an error message explaining that the files won’t open because the Mac version and ios version of Garage band aren’t compatible. Transferring the other way, from the ipad to MacBook,i get an error message on the Macbook saying the files can’t be opened on the Macbook because the ipad is using “a newer version’ of Garageband and they aren’t compatible. I repeat, I have downloaded the latest versions of both, and the Apple site tells me there is no later version for either device. Simply stated, I bought a new ipad pro to enhance my recording only to find it is useless for the task because Apple’s claims for Garageband - namely that you can share files between two Apple devices both running Garageband - are simply false. Doesn’t anybody in Apple check that the software actually does what they promise before unleashing it on the poor trusting public.
would be great if it actually worked
Ok, here’s the problem. I really want to use this platform for recording music but it keeps crashing and coming up with error messages! (‘disk too slow’ or ‘audio engine couldn’t process in time’) My macbook pro is running i5 processor, 16 GB ram and a new SSD ! What else do I need to get this running properly?! I go into the settings and make sure everything is right and compatable with the Yamaha UR22 interface I’m using. In garageband, I lock the tracks (to create an audio file) so it’s just playing the bare minimum of what I need to record something , I even turn off 24 bit to help it out. I can’t even make a simple drum beat and play it back without getting these error messages!
Can someone please help me? Is there something I’m missing? It’s so frustrating!
Remarkable, simply remarkable (for my needs)
I still have to explore this remarakable software. I’m 61 and have just bought a effects processor to expore making sounds with my iMac.
It makes it easy to compose and edit, and there are almost too many choices. The Chinese Erhu makes for a wonderful contracts to western beats and guitars. the aotmated drummer opened up a new world of easy composition. Exporting directly to Soundcloud is also fabulous.
(I bought Mainstage to get access to lots of synths, including Alchemy.)
I recently added th app to my old iPhone and am also blown way by what they have produced.
Don't hesitate if you’re thinking about using, unless you are committed to another peice of software already.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1 GB
- macOS 10.12 or later
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.