Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 18 players from rock, alternative, songwriter, and R&B genres
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.0.3
• Adds support for OS X Yosemite
• Access audio effect plug-ins for more detailed control over the sound of your tracks
• Build your own bass rig with Bass Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• New Voice Template for fast and easy vocal recordings
• Share GarageBand projects with Mail Drop
• Vertical zoom automatically adjusts the height of your tracks
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Why doesn’t Apple fix the bugs?
I ‘upgraded’ to this version and now have no GarageBand. The additional content fails to download and every effort to re-download, re-install etc yields the same result. Searching through the forums, I find that this is a known problem that many people have been experiencing for months, and there seems to be an abhorrent lack of action by Apple to do something about it. Combined with numerous other bugs in Yosemite and other apps recently, it gives the appearance that something has changed for the worse at the core of the Apple….
I have had GB since it was introduced and learnt it back to front produced some great songs using loops and real instruments and vocals , i just needed to write a simple score for a sound track
and found this now terrible and what was once a great programe is now rubbish , sorry guys !!! get some new IT techs from planet earth. best advice for anyone go back to the older versions
i was warned now i know why, this is like some sort of toy designed by 12 year olds , back to the drawing board with Garage Band .
So far the new version of Garage band has been really good with only a few hickups. The full content is now free and downloads as fast as possible by cable internet in Aus. But Beware… The total download content will be approx. 16GB-18GB in size and could really screw you internet for the whole month, along with hoging all the networks bandwith for hours.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 16 October 2014
- Version: 10.0.3
- Size: 1.17 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2004-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete Set of ContentFree