Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so that you can easily share. None of these queries is sent to Google.
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
• Your minis: Stickers based on you. Create and customise minis inspired by your photos, and share them in any app.
• You can now type in multiple languages without having to change the language! Just add the languages that you want via the Gboard app, then start typing or swiping!
*Not all languages are supported.
• Improved voice typing experience.
• Added new fun camera effects for MAKE A GIF!
• Dvorak and Colemak layouts for the English keyboard.
• Morse keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok so it’s so close to being perfect but three things keep it from being perfect.
1. The app. The app is pretty good apart from the fact it doesn't go from vertical to horizontal. This creates an issue when using the keyboard themes. You can't turn it in its side so it doesn't show you what it looks like when the screen is horizontal. This means when using an image as the theme it's near impossible for you to work out if it will look the way you want it to.
2. Swapping keyboards. This is more of a nitpick but it's stupid how you can't instantly swap to say, Japanese keyboard, then back to Gboard. You instead have to go 'next keyboard' and then select the right keyboard if it's wrong.
3. This is the worst one by far though. The keyboard can't keep up with my fingers as well as the iOS keyboard can meaning when typing long things it often will skip a word space, full stop or letter. This is particularly bad in Google Docs. This makes Gboard UNUSABLE in Google Docs. This occasionally happens in other apps as well.
Other then that I love the GIFs, instant access to Google and the slide typing. Thank you
This is a great app. I love the swipe keyboard, the gif sending, making my own theme and sending websites. Some keyboard apps don't have the double tap the space bar for a full stop, so good job on that one as well. I love (I know I'm using love too much but it's worth it) that I can use the space bar to control the type-start thingy.
One thing I would like to see is Japanese Roma-ji because the current Japanese keyboard is worthless. Also long clicking the world button to see the list of all my keyboards (not just the Google keyboards) would be great to see.
Great , but...
Still lacking of smartness to recommend enough words whilst user typing. In Blackberry keyboards when I type something it appears recommended words on top row and if I can't find what I wanted, from that top row I can press and hold in the middle a separate attached page appears with all possibilities of words are there for you to choose. That's amazing and so helpful especially for foreign languages. Hopefully, I can see GBoard done something similar or even better in up coming update. I really can't wait to see that happens.
- Google, Inc.
- 156.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.