With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
Export your Geometry Pad documents as assignment questions directly to the Assignments Master app.
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice app for geometry constructions
This is a nice app for making constructions in plane geometry. I have tried most of them and this is the clear winner in terms of functionality and polish. Highlights include the way that points snap to lines and intersections to make placement easy, and also the magnifying glass which gives you a close up view of the area under your finger. This works like the magnifier for text in IOS and is a must have for apps like this. The developer is very responsive to suggestions and keen to improve the app.
Good potential, snap to grid doesn't work
This app has a great potential. I set my graph paper to show half units. Tried to make many rectangles with snap to grid, but it doesn't work. It comes out off grid. Measurements ended up 5.01 cm etc. is it a bug???
Navigation is fiddly. Touch quick to move vs touch and hold to rotate doesn't always work. Not sure what mode (move or rotate) is being registered by the app.
Overall it's a good idea. Was keen to get full version but those issues above stopped me.
Best geometry app for teachers and students!
Highly recommended, user friendly.
- Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- 61.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.