By Daniel Farrelly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs from your Photo Library. I mean, if all else fails, you can always save images to your Photo library. But to give them the opportunity to fully shine, import them using the Photos tab, so you can be enthralled by their animations for hours!
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards! There's a lot of sad people out there, you know.
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Support requests and questions can be sent to email@example.com, talk to @gifwrapped on Twitter, or write a review here on the App Store. Or you can send a note attached to your trained chicken. Can you train chickens? I figure someone probably has.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
It might have been a week or two since we saw each other last (OK, yeah… it's been longer… FINE), but I've been hard at work stomping on bugs and working on secret things that you'll get to see in the not-too-distant future. Stop trying to peek. STOP! You can see it when it's ready! GEEZ
Thanks to everyone who reached out and helped me solve some of the bigger issues on this list. Y'all are straight-up heroes; defenders of the night!
- I'd mostly already made the UI support iPhone X, but as it turns out I missed a couple of minor things. Damn those crazy safe areas! I've tweaked things where it matters (like pull-to-search in the Library), and now we're golden.
- For the longest time, switching phones has meant Dropbox getting disconnected silently, which isn't exactly what you want when upgrading devices. Now you'll be presented with an alert if this happens, allowing you to return to some semblance of normalcy in a few quick taps.
- Sharing GIFs would result in heartache for some, when the animation got lost somewhere between me handing the image off to iOS and the image actually being shared. Since this was affecting more and more people, I hunkered down and put some validation in place, managing to fix the issue as a result. Hooray!
- There were a few issues introduced recently with thumbnail loading that would cause scrolling to lock up pretty badly. I spent a few days amongst the code related to this, untangling threads and smoothing out the process to ensure it's as smooth as a freshly shaved cat.
- I did some tweaking to the code that checks the cache status of Library files, hopefully speeding up the initial checks so that first load isn't a mess of cloud icons disappearing as it figures out what files it already has.
- If a file in the Library had the wrong file extension (like .gif on a JPEG image), the stored file would end up being cached under the "wrong" name, and things would get very weird, very quickly. In the future, it should update the type (but not the name) based on the actual type of file, and… look. It's confusing, we're all confused, but it should be OK now, alright?
- The label colour on the swipe actions in the Search bookmarks view was completely wrong and awful (red background and green label… EWWWW). It's bothered me ever since it showed up, but I finally got around to sorting it out. THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER EVERYONE RELAX
If you're running into problems (or have some love to share), I'd love to hear from you, and I'm totally willing to help! Toss an email in the general direction of firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit me up on Twitter @gifwrapped, and I'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible. Maybe even sooner?
Be excellent to each other!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 05 November 2017
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Farrelly
- © 2017 Daniel Farrelly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- All the Things$9.99
- Superpowered Search$2.99