The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• Now optimised for iPhone XR devices
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t attach files
It’s pretty irritating that I have to use another email app just to attach files properly. Gmail only allows you to attach a link to a file in google drive, which isn’t acknowledged by most email support systems. It’s also irritating having to change the permissions of files in google drive to be accessible by anyone with the link because not everyone has a gmail account.
You can’t even attach files from local files, iCloud, Dropbox or any other cloud storage. And yeah, I’m aware you can go to the file on iCloud and share via email, but that doesn’t allow you to reply to an existing email or send multiple attachments.
Pretty crappy experience for the most basic of email functions.
The main reason I continue to use the app as my primary personal email client is that it sorts my incoming email into three folders very well and this is consistent with the gmail web version (which isn’t the case when you use a third party app, like spark).
Overall a great app. Really clean design, fast, and smooth UX. Love the new “All Inboxes” (aka unified) feature. Just one more feature I would like to see: More control over signatures.
I can’t see/edit my signature on a per-email basis; instead Gmail auto-inserts it after the email is sent. Unfortunately this adds unwanted formatting. Also, when replying my signature is added at the very bottom of the email instead of directly under my most recent message. I’d really like the Gmail web client feature “insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the — line that precedes it” to be available in this app, and for the signature to be inserted into the message body as soon as I compose a new email/reply instead of being automatically inserted after the email is sent.
Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it.
I currently use Gmail for my personal and work email. The web-based version on my desktop is excellent and I have no complaints. When I downloaded the Gmail mobile app for my Iphone 7 & iPad everything seemed to be perfect until I noticed that my signature was ending up at the bottom of the email chain ( I stopped this on the web side by selecting Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it.
My question is, when is Google going to fix this signature issue on Gmail app. Is there a way to have my signature inserted before the quoted text in my Gmail mobile app? It doesn't look professional when I write an email without a signature right after saying "thanks, or sincerely" as there is no signature after that.
- Google LLC
- 247.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.