Gmail - Email by Google
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170910
• Gmail now supports the text size that you’ve selected on your iPhone.
Love The App! Push Notification Problem in iOS11
I’ve used the Gmail App for ages and think it’s awesome. In the update to iOS 11 something has broken and Push Notifications come up but don’t go away when you’ve viewed the email. I followed some steps online which involved deleting the App, doing a soft reset and re-installing which worked for about 1 Day and then the problem happened again. Would love to get this fixed as having good lingering notifications on my home screen is starting to do my head in. Thanks for the great work!
More often than not the bubble telling you how many unread mails you have doesn’t clear once you’ve read them. I usually have to completely shut the app down, restart it, go back in and refresh. Even then sometimes it doesn’t clear. Not very helpful when you need to know if you have unread mails. For some reason this always happens with the app following an iOS update, then gets fixed a few weeks later.
Great app but notification problem
I’m someone who love/hates notification bubbles. I use them, but I also really love to get rid of them asap. So it’s pretty annoying when I have no unread emails but it still shows a notification! Sometimes the problem goes vice-versa too. And nothing gets rid of it, not even closing the app or restarting! I know this is a tiny problem, but, boy is it a frustrating one.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 25 September 2017
- Version: 5.0.170910
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.