Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organised
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.6
- Select multiple messages: tap on the sender’s profile image or icon next to the messages
- Mark as read/unread: select the message and tap the ‘open/closed envelope’ icon in the top toolbar
The Gmail you know and love, now with a fresh new look, sleeker transitions and some highly-requested features. It's a lot faster, too.
- Undo Send: prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Search: find things faster with instant results and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete: quickly clear out your inbox
Text. Selection. Is. Hopelessly. Broken.
This version brings some finally welcome enhancements, though with it, the bitter taste of a completely garbage text selection implementation. On an iPhone text selection is sticky and impossible, unlike any other app. On an iPad Pro, using the two finger tap and drag on the keyboard works buttery smooth on every *other* app than this one, therefore the problem is Google's software engineering team. No feature this update brings will take away from the shadow of horror, cast by the horribly broken method of text selection. This app is supposed to be an email composition tool and at this basic task of selecting text to copy, paste or edit, it fails utterly. Get it together Google!
Unusable for business
This update is a pretty significant step backwards. I have multiple Google Apps accounts, which used to work seamlessly in the app. Now, I can't mark as unread, can't take action on mail unless I open it first, and applying labels has added steps rather than streamlined. Why does swipe on an email only offer the bin, rather than archive on one side, or other options. And it's not possible to select multiple emails to tag and archive at the same time?? Ridiculous...
Sadly, the native app looks like it might actually be viable again, I can't continue to take this productivity hit. Sorry Google, this update is easily your worst yet. See ya...
Massive backward step
While the old app was lack lustre in some parts... this one is heinous. From interface, typing, right down to the fact that it doesn't mark an email read when you open it from an on screen notification. Ain't nobody got time to go back to the inbox, then back to the email then back to the inbox to mark and email read... when you have already read it. Also, what happened to the option to not load images by default...?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 November 2016
- Version: 5.0.6
- Size: 197 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.