Gmail – email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings you the best of Gmail, with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Be notified of new emails fast, with notification centre, badge and lock-screen options
- Search through all your emails quickly – now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your emails with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type, from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations directly from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts directly from the app
- Organise your emails by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customise emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.4.0
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.
I like the idea of a stand alone Gmail app but have often been tempted to set Gmail up with all my other accounts in my main email program. What I find most frustrating is that the app icon does not show the number of unread messages. I have read various user fora (others have obviously had the same problem) and done everything suggested there, but to no avail. I have to physically open the app to see whether or not there are any messages. I recently had to acquire an Outlook app for work emails. This runs on the same idea as the Gmail one, but has worked seamlessly for me from the outset. Is it me or is there a problem with the app?
Analyst, design and solutions
Great secure and robust email app. Integrated document and spreadsheet processing are versatile and refreshing solutions for every day tasks. The platform offers robust development language options and basic document formatting as built in features. Obviously has opportunity to become better and more versatile in the future, such as page breaks within spreadsheets still missing, but basic necessary tools are largely present. Recommended. Secure and great value. Corporate solution for everyday businesses.
Alright... For Some Things
The app is alright for the basic things, such as reading and sending emails. But not so good for searches. When searching certain folders, the search results will only show what's inside of the inbox and junk/spam but not the actual folder I was in - which takes a long time to find the email. In the end, I gave up. I'll just have to tell everyone that their emails can't be found in Gmail (including the emails from government related services) and they'll have to bring it up with them because I am NOT the developer of this app and CANNOT fix other people's problems!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 January 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.