Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organised
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.10
- Sent messages now include your Gmail web signature unless a mobile signature has been set up
- Hide sender images in your inbox (in Settings)
- Swipe right/left to view the previous/next message
- Choose your preferred browser (Safari or Chrome) for opening links (in Settings)
- Edit text in-line or copy and paste content from the web while keeping the original text formatting
- Select multiple messages: Tap the sender's image or the tick box next to the messages
- Mark as read/unread: Select the message and tap the ‘open/closed envelope’ icon in the top toolbar
Great to see the return on Gmail web signatures. This was a must-have feature for me to be able to use it for my work G Suite account.
A small problem I had was that the web signature did not take affect even if I turned off mobile signature, I removed and re-added the Gmail app and it fixed it.
Yet to test if the web signature is placed in-line with my replies or at the bottom of the email, if in-line then that is perfect for me.
The lack of not being able to turn off conversation threads still means that I lose important emails while using the app, so while I will now return to using Gmail to respond to emails thanks to web signatures, I will continue to use another Email app to manage my emails on my phone.
Web signatures are back which solves the lack of HTML signatures so that part is great. However it still inserts the signature at the end of the quoted text and doesn't remove the -- before the signature. Completely ignores the signature settings in Gmail. Also the icon badge shows unread conversations instead of messages. So you can have 15 unread messages in a thread and the badge still shows 1.
....ok rant over. Too many other annoyances to list :o)
Gmail app is terrible
Update FINALLY allows signature from desktop after this feature was removed but the app is still far behind competitors. Gmail app does not sync with Numbers app on iPhone and anything sent from Numbers through gmail fails to include written text/content. Also, when attaching a photo, you cannot select particular photo albums on iPhone. The gmail app defaults to "moments" folder and you cannot select a different folder.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 24 January 2017
- Version: 5.0.10
- Size: 206 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.