You need to download this app If you are a doctor, nurse, paramedic or a registered first aider.
GoodSAM connects those in need with those in the local community with life saving skills to help until the emergency services arrive. By alerting first aid trained bystanders to local incidents, GoodSAM aims to prevent the irreparable brain and heart damage which all to frequently occurs during a cardiac arrest or traumatic incident. Opening an airway and giving basic life support can radically alter the outcome for these patients.
When patients suffer a head injury they often stop breathing although their brain is actually not itself injured. Opening an airway and giving basic life support can radically alter the outcome for these patients. The problem has been finding people who can do this, alerting them and rapidly getting them to the patients.
There are, of course, thousands of people with such skills; off-duty doctors, nurses, police officers, first aiders are all "Good Samaritans" who are simply unaware of the emergency going on next door or outside their building. The Good SAM App uses the technology that can notify these people and help the person in need.
Who Are We?
Good SAM is a community of people – Good Samaritans – happy to assist if they are the closest person to a medical emergency. They are trained in first aid and may have additional skills. They can maintain an airway, help stop bleeding and, if necessary, perform life saving, high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or use a defibrillator.
The "SAM" in the name not only refers to Samaritan, but is also an acronym for “Smartphone Activated Medics”.
What Are The Apps ?
We are publishing two applications; GoodSAM Alerter and GoodSAM Responder. The GoodSAM Alerter app uses locational services to track the location of a person in need of a help; after a call is triggered we know exactly where the person is located.
On the other hand, the GoodSAM Responder app continuously sends locational updates to our server to allow the location of volunteer doctors/first-aiders to be tracked so they can be notified of any emergencies occurring around them. For more information please refer to "www.goodsamapp.org".
Which Countries Are Supported ?
Our aim is to potentially cover all the large cities around the globe.
Our Apps rely on location services for navigation and position updates. Please note continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We've done some pretty cool under the hood updates including:
- "Hide me" - To improve your privacy as a responder, you can now disappear from the maps of those around you, but still be alerted in emergencies. However, to encourage staying visible (and maintaining the GoodSAM community) if you go incognito, you can't see where others are either...
- Have you ever wondered if your location is being updated correctly on GoodSAM? By using the "Locate me" function, we will generate an email showing exactly where we have you located. If you find that your location updates are not accurate enough, you can use the location accuracy slider to make them more accurate.
- We have also improved our push notifications accuracy.
Ratings and Reviews
Like to help but couldn’t register
Issue with photo error. Wouldn’t let me register and fix later.
Impossible to register
Can’t get passed the registration stage. States it can’t view the picture of my registration. Only option is to download from screenshot on mobile so there’s actually no other way of importing it.
Great concept but what’s the point when people can’t register to actually help?!
- GOODSAM LTD
- 26.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 GoodSAM LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.