Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped, with hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic and public transport info, and explore local neighbourhoods knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or ride-share with real-time public transport info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurants, events and activities that matter to you
• See what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match”, a number representing how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real time
• Create lists of your favourite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Exploring a new city? Use Google Maps to discover iconic sites including what’s close by.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work well with iOS
Can’t double to zoom photos, can’t ever swipe from the left of screen to go back, always have to adjust my hand to hit the back or X button at the top. Would be great if it worked with Siri Shortcuts App but it doesn’t.
Also, directions keep changing and getting worse, they now tell you less number of steps when driving, like heading into Sydney it just says ‘in 50km, turn towards your destination...’ and skips all the complex road and lane troubles of navigating into and around Sydney - it used to give more directions!
Also, when moving around the map, zooming in and zooming out, it occasionally moves the map instantly to somewhere else close by and you loose your position - a bug that’s been the same for years.
However, this app still has the most up to date information about businesses (because Google) and is good in many ways. Guess I have to give 3 stars because it’s free and I shouldn’t complain about free things.
Why “fix” something that wasn’t broke?!
When Apple maps recently changed from listing street names to referring to local streets by interstate highway numbers (useful for interstate travel only since many streets of different name have the same number!!) I made the switch to google maps, only to find out that day google had also changed to doing the same thing! I’m not sure if this is already restored to names, but if not please do not. In USA you might refer to highway numbers but not here for regular drivers!
Also I can’t even tell which one is the route line amongst the multitude of traffic coloured lines and road lines. The route gets lost among the other lines as it is indistinguishable at quick glance. I spend my time trying to figure out the map instead of watching the road. I am bewildered how you could make a great product worse except on purpose. No one would make these changes except as sabotage that is how bad they are. Who is responsible for this? *Sigh*
I never imagined.
As a young boy with a wonderful imagination, I couldn’t have believed that today, I would be holding a somewhat small device used to make and receive calls and messages, play games, have email, Google for information about almost anything and explore the world from above, zooming in so close I can see individual trees, cars, even animals, through Google Maps. I just love the 3D feature, especially when viewing the city high rises, famous landmarks and natural wonders. I look forward to when it’s available in more or all places. Street view is also a great feature, particularly when you are looking for directions so you can get a visual of what the building/house looks like, as well as the surrounding area - very helpful.
- Google, Inc.
- 173.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.