Google Maps - GPS Navigation
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.39
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Road closures maroochydore
Recently I drove to Maroochydore, and using Google Maps, found that there were 2 streets closed for road upgrade, which, when looking at Google Maps, and the directions it was displaying, I was unable to get to where I wanted to go.
The streets closed are (1) Southern Drive and (2) Millwell Road East.
I was attempting to get to Sunshine Plaza, and with the above 2 streets closed, it made driving / navigating to Sunshine Plaza difficult. I am from interstate (NSW) on holidays, staying in Marcoola.
Work and Home are gone
The static destination Home and Work are gone. It is not dynamic based on your current location. That takes too long to pop up or doesn’t appear at all. It is then required to enter Home or Work. The previous solution was much faster and convenient.
Update notes not good enough
Why can’t you be bothered telling us about the updates? Something so ambiguous as ‘bug fixes’ or ‘general performance improvements’ isn’t good enough. We’re not idiots - please don’t treat us like that. I’m not wasting data, downloading what you’ve done, unless you can be clear on what changes you’ve made. You don’t have to give every detail, just what areas you’ve worked on.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 06 November 2017
- Version: 4.39
- Size: 136 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.