Google Maps - Navigation & Transport
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.22.2
• Bug fixes
Google maps doesn't sync well with iPhone anymore. Ever since apples security update and their own update to the display and options available in their app, google maps doesn't register your location accurately anymore. The option to re-sync your journey based on changes to your original route that used to appear permanently on your map, has now disappeared, and instead you have to go back out of your journey, select your origin and reapply "your location". Even then it is far from accurate. Also, you used to be able to roam around your selected journey to see what's coming up ahead and still be able to return to your current location, but now it is extremely difficult to navigate into the map and around the selected path. It resets your journey and is a real hassle when you're driving and you need directions quickly. On four occasions now I have been stuck in areas that I've mapped out only to find that I've been taken to the wrong destination because Google maps couldn't pick up my location data accurately. Seriously terrible app and I've now had to use Apple maps to get better results.
More attention to detail needed
This is such an indispensable app, but it also has some serious flaws. One of the worst is how it handles directions when it doesn't fully understand the request. It should say so, but instead it directs to the middle of the city or suburb. Another shocker is that it displays the location marker with inaccurate confidence markings. It shouldn't display it at all if it doesn't have at least some idea of where you are. Misleading information is much worse than no information!
Using it while travelling I discovered other problems, like misalignment of streets in some cities, and lots of minor roads missing. Also, I cannot understand why walking or public transport directions are not available in offline mode.
i use it all the time
you know an app has made it when everyone uses it daily. i use google maps a lot. I mean, I've tried to use other apps because you know, I feel like Google has become a megacorp :) but it's really actually helpful. And it doesn't cost anything, so how can you complain? its fluid, slick and practical. I am traveling in England and Spain at the moment (live in Australia) and it's helping me get from place to place and see stuff.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 16 September 2016
- Version: 4.22.2
- Size: 92.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.