By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
• Redesigned and improved public transport directions improve the experience in cities, giving you more route choice and real-time arrival information where available
• Additional app options for sharing a place (including Facebook and Facebook Messenger)
• Introduced an Image Gallery for a quick visual understanding of a place through a grid view
• Bug fixes
Never Fails - Great App
I've read all reviews for this version & there are some conflicting ones. I personally love this app & if it was only one on my phone I would be content. I use it frequently for those trips I have no idea where I'm going. I have been lost driving without using the app several times & after I turn it on it has never failed once to pinpoint my exact location & give me 3-4 different routes home with Kilometres & time home. I then turn voice directions on & don't have to look at screen again, I find it also redirects quite quickly if you take a wrong turn. In essence I cannot fault it & love using it.
Had this for three years never rated it- only time it has ever let me down was last weekend in heavy snow but that was because gps signal was affected.. Allows multiple routes and is great when you google something and can link straight to app for directions ..
I have been often travelling from my suburb to the Melbourne airport as well as the neighbouring suburb, using public buses, yet the new Google Maps is incapable of working out instructions or timetables. This is in sharp contrast what the earlier version could do in Tokyo. In Tokyo Google Maps (last week, before this upgrade) could give good and reliable directions using public transport.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 07 July 2015
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 28.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.