By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
• View a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
• See transport route colours on the map when you get public transport directions
• Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
• Type, or tap the mic and say “directions to” a place for faster results
• Bug fixes
Google Maps is overall good, but has too many bugs for it to be a mainstay GPS replacement IMHO. I just went on a two week roadtrip, and found Google Maps frustrating. When mobile phone service is not available after an hour or so the app simply stops routing altogether, requiring the re-entry of the address to resume navigation. Also, the spoken instructions over bluetooth to the car is terrible. Google Maps sends the voice through to the car as a short telephone call, completely cutting out the music. In contrast, Apple maps soften the music and overlay the voice, and does not send the voice through as a short phone call. Apple Maps is far more well connected and does not drop out the routing like Google Maps does after a few hours.
Google Maps had some bad reviews when it first come out but they must have worked hard to address all the concerns because I have no reason to complain.
I like the quality and volume of the voice, the large lettering for directions, and the number of reminders leading up to the directional change. All these are valuable in tight situations, especially for people with slight impairments.
Love Google Maps
Wasn't too accurate with address numbers in China, but it's quite accurate everywhere else I've been. Accurate, turn-by-turn navigation, star frequently-used addresses, love it. This is one of my most used apps.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 18 March 2015
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.