By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
• Label places to see them on your map and in search suggestions
• Night mode in navigation to see route more easily after dark
• Edit your posted photo captions
• Bug fixes
Used to love this but...
Not sure what is happening but bit by bit it seems to becoming bloated. An example is satellite maps. At one time they would load very fast. Now the streets load but it take what seems like forever for the satellite background to load. And this applies whether your using wifi at home, 3G or 4G so I know it's the App and not the networks. Google, your maps are so much better than Apples but you seem to be slowly slipping. Don't as once you do it's easier for a rival to step in. Investigate this satellite map leading problem and fix. I don't care about knowing nearby businesses if the map doesn't work properly.
Great, but flawed.
I used this app a lot for my second job (delivery driver), until one day I tried taking a photo and my phone lacked the storage for even this basic task. Google maps was using 968MB of space, with no option for clearing the cache of what I assume is satellite images. It also crashed quite frequently and used battery very quickly compared to Apple Maps. The only reason I keep google Maps on my phone is that Apple maps lacks public transport directions.
Is now the default app I go to for maps. However, have noticed lately that it takes ages to open. I do have several saved maps for offline use though. Also, I think if you have saved a map you should be able to search for street names ect while offline.
Other than those two things this app is great
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 06 August 2015
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.