By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.11.0
• Easily compare ETAs across driving, transit, walking & biking
• Get directions to places now on your Apple Watch
• Bug fixes
Version 4.11.0: terrific update to a terrific app
PROS: 1-Incredibly useful, you probably won’t need a Refidex ever again. 2-Update makes it easy to compare the time it takes to get to your destination using different modes of transport (though only after you pick a mode of transport). 3-Saves your search history, so it predicts what you’re after as you’re typing in a previously searched destination. 4-Also tells you how much it would cost to get there by Uber if you’re a user. 5-I like the thumbnail preview that shows up on some places.
HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER: 1-When you put in a destination, show all the different travel-times and modes of transport straight away, instead of showing just one mode. 2-If you type in “OK maps” you can save a map to your device to save on data - but you have to manually zoom in and out to find out how much you can save. It would be better if there was a rectangle that you could move around to choose what to save. 3-That’s pretty much it.
CONCLUSION: This is one of the most useful apps I’ve ever used, and it keeps getting better.
Don't fix what's not broken
I swear by google maps but lately it's been getting my location wrong so I decided to install the latest update, I immediately regretted my decision. I liked having a full screen with the map and blue line on it but now you have only given us half the screen to utilize. Also, street names! They are a must when needing directions. They have disappeared too. People loved the previous version... Why change what is actually working for millions of people.
Great, except for one tiny widget
Google maps is always awesome. A tiny issue won't make me rate it lower but the new 'public transport nearby' widget doesn't seem to work even after re-installing the app. It says location could not be determined. The core functions of the app are as good as ever though.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 29 September 2015
- Version: 4.11.0
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.