By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12.0
• Easily add new and missing businesses from the sidebar
• Spoken traffic alerts in Navigation tell you about congestion and incidents on your route and traffic descriptions give you a summary of traffic before you drive
• Bug fixes
Really well done navigation
The navigation on this app is great, the voice is clear and comes at the right time making it easy to travel without someone guiding you.
I find even on 4g it will tell me to exit the roundabout (for the second time) after i have already exited which doesn't bother me because it has already told me where to go, but that is the only delayed prompt.
Also i found that the apple watch app sometimes got stuck saying i had to unlock my iphone to view my current trip on my watch although my iphone remained unlocked the whole time.
Great app which i use mostly for navigation both in my car and when catching public transport. Please update australian public transport to match the new route changes being made in the cbd.
Otherwise perfect app
Too bloated & confusing now
Used to be the best way by far, but getting too bloated with features. Took me 45 minutes for a 20 minutes trip recently interstate, because it kept on changing my route due to realtime changes in congestion via various alternative routes. It would say one particular route was x minutes faster, then a few minutes after taking that alternative, it would tell you it was xx minutes slower.
Wouldn't be without it.
Google Maps has long been the gold standard for navigation on consumer devices and with today's announcement that full offline Nav is coming to iOS, the app is now complete. A total replacement for any paper map.
Love it. An unreserved 5 stars.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 November 2015
- Version: 4.12.0
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.