Google app — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info that you need before you ask, like updates on your favourite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What good restaurants are there nearby?”
• “Remind me to call mum at 5 p.m.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, films & events
More about Google Now cards: www.google.com/now
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 10.0
• New look and feel for voice search—try it out by asking “Ok Google, where can I find coffee?”
• Updated Google Now stream designed to better organise and surface content for you
UI issues and suggestions.
While the UI has gotten smoother with the simpler interface, it still has to load every time the app opens. This forces me to wait until I can search.
The Google icon and Google Now should not slow down the functionality of the app, because it has to load...
A suggestion would also be to make the recents tab become the history tab... It should hold our complete history of our Google search, not just searches on this device... I don't only use my phone for searches.
Also having the option to chose how long our history is kept on our device. I find it annoying that it's removed, especially when I know I recently looked at something, but when I go to recents, it isn't there, because Google cleared the cache! Very annoying!
I'd also like to see a data-reduction mode option when viewing webpages in the inbuilt browser, and the option of using the Safari in app browser.
Still can't view Google books at readable size on iOS9
This app was recommended in a thread on Apple community site as a way to make Google Books readable. Since iOS9 Preview of books is zoomed to the max and cannot be zoomed out to enable actual reading. This app does not help. Apple does not respond to the issue. Neither does Google. That makes Google Books useless on iOS9. Pity.
So, I'll trash this app. It's no use to me.
That Horrible Blue Bar
That horrible blue bar at the top is way to intrusive. Any way to make it smaller or get rid of it so it doesn't over lap what I'm trying to do?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 18 November 2015
- Version: 10.0
- Size: 72.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.