By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info that you need before you ask, like updates on your favourite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What good restaurants are there nearby?”
• “Remind me to call mum at 5 p.m.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, films & events
More about Google Now cards: www.google.com/now
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 5.2.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Completely rebuilt to bring you the best of Google:
• Recents—see & return to your recently visited pages
• Google button—start a new search with just one tap
• Google Maps—explore interactive maps, nearby places & Street View right inside the app (for iPhone)
New look and feel:
• Beautiful new Material Design animations
• Bigger photos in image search
• Looks great on the new iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
Good voice recognition
Most of the search apps available have trouble distinguishing different accents and dealing with a noisy environment however Google seems to be well ahead of the others in the market. Usually I'll have a lot of trouble using Siri for the same function I.e. Having to repeat myself multiple times per search. If the app can expand into multiple functions like Siri does in the form of a "virtual assistant" Google would have a massive competitive edge
UI issues and suggestions.
While the UI has gotten smoother, the animation when pressing on the microphone to access voice search still looks choppy. This animation isn't buttery smooth like when pressing the recents tab.
I'd also like the recents tab become the history tab... It should hold our complete history of our Google search, not just searches on this device.
Also having the option to chose how long our history is kept on our device. I find it annoying that it's removed daily, especially when I know I recently looked at something, but when I go to recents, it isn't there, because Google cleared the cache! Very annoying!
I'd also like to see a data-reduction mode option when viewing webpages in the browser.
Lastly, which switching to the app draw, it causes the animation to lag, even if it is the only App open! Resource hog?
Hay guys I'm just here to say that I like all these new updates. But I have to ask, how do u refresh the screen I mean I don't know how to and sometimes I'm like watching a movie and I get out of it but when I go back it gets stuck on the loading sign and so I look for the refresh sign but it's not there please help this is a real struggle thanks a lot😀
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 10 February 2015
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 58.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.