Explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants and small businesses with Google Street View.
Also create photo spheres to add your own Street View experiences. Start with your phone’s camera or add a one–shot spherical camera (like the Ricoh Theta S) for easy 360º photography. Then, you can publish to Google Maps to share your photo spheres with the world.
• Browse — or be notified of — Google’s newest special collections
• Explore all of Street View (including contributions from others)
• Review your public profile of published photo spheres
• Manage your private photo spheres
• Immerse yourself in photo spheres with Cardboard mode
Creating and sharing photo spheres:
• Use your phone’s camera (no camera accessories required)
• Connect to a spherical camera to capture in one tap
• Share to Google Maps as immersive photo spheres
• Share privately as flat photos
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Many UI improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for contributing but needs a web companion
I’ve been using Street View for a while now, I started off making the images by using the in-app photo stitching feature, but soon I wanted more speed and convenience and so I stepped up my game with the purchase of a 360 camera. Been having fun adding images... up until recently when the “move & connect” feature stopped working.
I think what you need to do is add a web based portal for contributors to access and edit their images. That way there is an alternative when the app fails. Plus it’s an alternative way for contributors to upload and edit without having to work on a small screen.
I hope there is an update soon so I can upload more images and organise the ones I already have.
Also, the app always starts over America, it would be nice if it started over your current location, so you don’t have to scroll to where you want to be, or hit the gps/location button.
Ok but clumsy
This is an ok app but is very cluttered and clumsy. First of all when using the world map to find you location it is constantly covered by the photos from around the world which is extremely annoying as you can’t turn them off or swipe them to get rid of them. Next is the street view. This itself is ok but when moving around from one place to down the road to explore the photos pop up and you have to keep taping to get rid of them which ruins the experience. Lastly the street view keeps turning from landscape to portrait even though I have rotation lock on.
If you address these issues this would be a much better app.
Pretty good considering what its actually doing ...
Only a few yrs ago this would have been science fiction... and we know, technologies and apps advance with each update
I remember using huge books of city maps -finding the right map was the first nightmare. I always messed up. Not so with google street view, or not nearly as often
Perfection would be maps in real time, even so its hard to believe google still drive to almost every place on earth. Must be a an easier way
Bottom line- google apps are pretty amazing ~ like google earth - just knocks me over!
- Google LLC
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.