• Text translation: Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate with no internet connection (59 languages)
• Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (38 languages)
• Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (37 languages)
• Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (32 languages)
• Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (93 languages)
• Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• Photos for importing photos from your library
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Thanks for speaking up! We've fixed several audio related issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Great functions, but translation limitations
Handy app for translating blocks of text and text in images. However, it frequently gets Swedish-English translation wrong and also will translate each word in a phrase separately and literally, as opposed to what the phrase would actually be/mean in English, although it does seem to do this for some phrases which is very handy. Also the alternative words dictionary is very useful for understanding the meanings of words and their uses different contexts within a certain language. Sometimes the word it suggests you use does not take the context of the sentence into account, so you end up saying something very literal. Improved Swedish translation would get this great and function-rich app 5/5.
Also, whenever I change the language out of Swedish, Swedish disappears from the shortlist/favourites languages at the top, so I have to scroll all the way down to Swedish again to select it, even though I have it downloaded. Developers should change the top list to be recently used languages for the user, rather than the most popular languages it seems to be basing the list on.
For someone who speaks, read and writes in 8 languages fluently and currently learning a 9th, It’s fine if you’re able to understand enough of the translation to “just get by” but it’s got a very LONG way to go and of fixing the multiple issues before getting translations 100 % correct.
It translates to the “proper” grammatically correct ability of languages only, not understanding that in 2018 NO person of origin speaks this way, yet in “dialect” forms of their birth region.
For the record I’m fluent in Cantonese, Khmer, German, Greek, French, Italian, English and Korean with French, Italian, Greek and German being my mother languages. English is my 4th language, and Cantonese, Korean and Khmer self taught for Business purposes and my current language of Indonesian being self taught at present.
I am 29 years of age, however it’s never too late to learn something culturally new for your future such as that of another language.
I need a 1000 words & a picture to explain
Even thou I don’t agree with all translations let’s say about 70% I remember like it was yesterday few years ago i think 5 years ago I cried with like blazing fire in my heart for hours and hours because this app helped me translate and understand just few words i think maybe 20 words from the Holy Quran القران that night, and I continue using it with precaution till today
حتى لو لا أتفق مع جميع الترجمان، دعني أقول حوالي 70 ٪ متفقاً، أتذكرها تلك الليلة كنها البارحة قبل حوالي خمسة سنوات بكيت لساعات وساعات و بقلبي يهزني الدموع تذرف لأن هذا التطبيق ساعدني في ترجمة و فهم كلمات قليلة فقط أعتقد ربما 20 كلمة من القرآن الكريم في محور تلك الليلة، وما زلت أستخدم مع الحذر حتى اليوم.
- Google, Inc.
- 77.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.