By Woodman Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Get full remote control of all camera functions—take a photo, start/stop recording and conveniently adjust settings. See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing. View photos and play back videos, then share your favorites via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® and more.* Plus, use it to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software on the go for the latest features and best performance.
• NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software
• NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• NEW Preview video in near real-time with up to 4x faster** live video preview for HERO3+ cameras
• Full remote control of all camera functions
• View photos and play back videos*
• Copy photos and videos* to your device, then share via email, text, Instagram, Facebook or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• View the GoPro Photo and Video of the Day
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers
*Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatibility varies by device.
**Optimized for iPhone 5. Actual results may vary.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Use the GoPro App to update your HERO3+ camera software on the go—it’s the easiest way to keep your GoPro up to date with the latest features and best performance
Go pro live view problems
You need the optional extra display panel as well as the hero 3 to view it on iPad iPhone etc. at 300 ish for the go pro and 150 for the display panel that connects the image to the go pro, it totally wasted a day of my time. I could control the go pro but no see a live view without the optional extra display panel. Not impressed especially when I was told it would work without the display panel. Also firmware update did not work on a mac and go pro overheated, so back got he shop for full refund. My hero first release works fine still, but won't be wasting time on any more go pro products. Un happy customer.
Just what the camera needed
This is perfect for adjusting your camera to get the exact framing you wanted, true it's got a few moments when it lags although its not too much of an issue for me.
Would love to option to record to iPhone or at least copy files directly over to one of the iPhone apps like iMovie.
Quick note for GoPro 3, if initially you're struggling to find the camera in your iPhone App launch. Try going to you iPhone Settings and in wifi choose your go pro camera there (also enter password), Then re-launch your Go Pro app. (This also works if you are in a regular wifi spot and need to switch to the GP H3)
Works as it should ;)
Plug and play. Almost too easy!
I just bought the GoPro 3+ Black - using my iPhone instantly eliminated the need for the wifi remote AND the LCD accessory too.
Not sure what the other reviewer was talking about earlier? You need nothing more than the GoPro and your iPhone/smartphone to view what the camera sees.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 04 March 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Woodman Labs, Inc.
- © 2013 GoPro
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.