The Great Victorian Koala Count app is a tool for counting Victorian Koalas. Anyone in Victoria can participate in the count. To use the app, you need to first register at https://root.ala.org.au/bdrs-core/gvkc/home.htm to obtain your username and password.
The Great Victorian Koala Count, coordinated by the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, is a great opportunity for Victorians young and old to get out and explore our beautiful state while collecting information about, and contributing to our understanding of, Koalas in Victoria.
• Once you have registered your account on the website, download and sign in to the app.
• On the day of the count (see the website for details), head out anywhere in Victoria to search for Koalas and record the results of your search.
• To submit a record with the app, log your location, take a photo of the Koala (if you see one) and answer a few short questions about your sighting.
• Even if you don’t see any Koalas, you can still submit a record and tell us important information about whether koalas are in the area or not, and about other animals you may have spotted during your search.
• All submitted records, including your own, will be stored in a database and can be viewed on a map of Victoria on the website.
To find out when the count will occur or for more information, please visit https://root.ala.org.au/bdrs-core/gvkc/home.htm.
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- 14.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.