The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS.
This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates.
* View your current location in UTM or Lat/Lon formats.
* Record and/or manually enter waypoints in UTM, Lat/Lon, or MGRS.
* Goto a waypoint, with optional audio proximity alarm and spoken directions.
* Record a track log.
* Show your current location, waypoints and tracklogs on a map.
* Export waypoints and tracklogs to a KML file for viewing in Google Earth, or to a GPX file.
* Export waypoints to a comma delimited (CSV) text file.
* Import KML or GPX files and view in the app.
* Email your current location to a friend.
* Odometer to keep track of how far you've gone.
* Magnetic compass.
* Elevation profile.
* Compute sun rise and set times.
* Supports both metric and US/imperial units.
* Supports datums WGS84, GDA94, AGD66 and AGD84. (Use WGS84 for NAD83)
* Allows entry of parameters for a custom datum (e.g. ED50, SAD69, OSGB36, GDA2020 etc), as well as supporting affine parameters for local grid systems.
* Can display your location a normal grid ref, an MGRS grid ref (WGS84 datum only), or as a UK Ordinance Survey (OS) grid ref.
* Can download offline map tiles for use where there is no cellular coverage.
* Optional walk timer.
* Email your current waypoints and tracklogs as a KML file.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. To save battery power you can close the app from the task manager. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost while using this app.
Associated .kml files with the app to allow easier importing of emailed files.
Ratings and Reviews
Very 'Handy' app
Excellent App! I use this app almost daily when undertaking field survey work. Much more convenient to carry my phone than an extra GPS and compass. The support by the developer for this app is top rate. I emailed him a couple of questions and received a helpful and friendly response almost immediately. Maybe the ability to email kml files, calculate distance and area or import .shp files would make a great app even better.
Very useful for recording your track on a horse ride or bushwalk and for finding your way back again. I love being able to see where I've been in Google Earth when I get home too. You can even send your current location as a map link in an email. The only thing I'd like to see added is an elevation profile. Keep up the good work!
Great GPS app for position, speed, logging ect
This is a great app lets you view and log your position and speed in multiple Coordinate systems i.e. Lat&Long or a gridded Northing and Easting. It even supports custom CRS's which is useful if your maps or other data are in an obscure coordinate system. Would be great if you could export waypoints via emails, but currently just have to download via iTunes.
Developer Response ,
HandyGPS now has an option on the main page menu called "Email current data" which will send all the data currently loaded in the app as a KML file attached to an email.
- Anthony Dunk
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Anthony Dunk
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.