Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and join a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends at any time, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile apps remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile operator and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
• New location picker
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app has been played with & all the good bits gone
This app has been played with & all the good bit’s have been taken out and the people who have made it don’t care about what we the users liked and used all the time.
When you’re are in a call that is important for both parties to be able to get them to hear what they are both saying and that’s when something goes wrong the call goes dead and you think they have given up on you then you have to get them back to chat 💭 with you and they are really mad 😡 at you but it’s the app that drops out on both parties.
So can we please get back everything that we use to have put back into the app when we had windows 7 as that’s the last time everything worked right and if you are going to be fixing the app then please tell us what things you have fixed and then your user’s can tell you if. It working or not working.
This app is in need of a good re building so they can find all the things that are wrong with this app and how the hackers are able to get get into it so please go through this app and get everything done that needs to have work done on it.
Since I’ve just finished grade 6 and am going to high school next year, I wasnt sure how I was going to continue communicating with my primary school friends, as none of them had snapchat or instagram or anything and I didn’t have any of their phone numbers as they were only just getting phones at the time. All I had to communicate with was gmail and it was then that I found hangouts. I am very thankful of this amazing app as now I can communicate to all of my friends via their emails, in texting form, so I would like to thank goolge for making this app exist. I really appreciate all of the hard work that was put into making this app and I would especially like to gove a big congratulations to Wallace for graduating from plastic trousers.
Hopeless design for casual use
I really wonder if the designers have ever used this in real circumstances. First of all you can’t paste a telephone number that you want to call. When you finally type it In manually, switching between screens constantly because you can’t remember 14 numbers shown on a webpage, then you press call and it says it can’t call the number. Eventually you realise that it needs some sort of indication that it’s an overseas prefix. Well how do you get that? After a lot of hassle you realise that you need a plus sign. And how are you supposed to access that on this app?
And the number of times I’ve accidentally phoned a contact in the middle of the night rather than begun a new phone call to a new number is an indication that the interface is frankly, dreadful.
Update: now it interrupted a phone call to ask me to review it! Unbelievably poor effort, google.
- Google, Inc.
- 131.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc. 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.