happn is a DATING app with more than 50 million users which allows you to easily find the people you've crossed paths with IN REAL LIFE (yes, those who caught your eye, but you didn't dare to approach)! With happn, we give you the opportunity to create your own luck!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1.When you cross paths with someone in real life who has the happn app, their profile appears on your app.
2. Check your Timeline to find all the profiles you've crossed paths with. For each profile, you can see how many times you've crossed paths, as well as the location and time it happened (no, no need to be a detective)!
3. Fancy someone? Send a secret Like. We promise the other person will not know about it unless they like you too (yes, you might be lucky). Would you like to get noticed? “Say Hi to send a notification! Sending a “Hi” costs one credit.
4. You Like each other? It's a Crush! But wait, that's not it... Find the right words to start a conversation (show off your writing skills)!
5. You can also choose to defy fate and play CrushTime, the game that makes you guess who Liked you amongst four profiles you've recently crossed paths with.
CRUSH IN TOTAL CONFIDENCE
* happn is fully created on a principle of reciprocity: we promise, you'll never receive a message from a profile you are not interested in.
* On happn, confidentiality is also one of our priorities: your location will not be shown to other members.
* Downloading and using the app is FREE!
Well OK, the optional feature to “Say Hi ” is charged, but note however, that a number of “Hi ” notifications are offered to users when signing up.
happn Premium Terms & Conditions
If you choose to purchase a happn Premium subscription, your payment will be made through your iTunes account, and the amount will always be collected 24 hours before the end of each period. Your subscription will automatically be renewed until auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can disable the auto-renew at any time in the iTunes Store Settings. The happn Premium subscription is currently available starting from $22,99 for 1 month. Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and may be subject to variations in countries outside the U.S. Prices may also be subject to change without notification. Paid subscription to happn Premium is not mandatory. You can continue to use happn for free.
Personal data provided is handled as mentioned in the Terms & Conditions of the happn Confidentiality Policy:
Thanks for using happn! This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
We regularly update our app to provide you with an even better experience. Download our updates to be sure you're using the best version of happn.
Ratings and Reviews
Find people that you've come across in real life.
Cool concept, bad app patterns
I love the proximity based matching, but the app itself is full of dark patterns. Most annoyingly is their mini game that they give you a badge notification for every single day. That little (1) on the icon annoys me to no end that shows up every morning. It's not a match it's just a message from the app.
The matching feed itself is poorly implemented. While having a scrollable two-column list is nice, it also means that there's no muscle memory associated with where the controls are. After you've liked someone it stays in the list as well, cluttering your feed. What am I gonna do with a list of people I've already liked happn? I can't message them, some of them I've already "waved" to. It essentially becomes a mocking list showing, "Hey here's a list of people who don't like you back!"
Overall great idea and concept, good dating matches, but poor app design and forced notifications mean I give it a 2/5.
Free credits & better location functionality
I agree with Patsygoh & Aqualian.
Crossed paths with would be better if it showed whether you'd been in multiple locations with a person & maybe had a requirement that you have to be stationary in one location for a certain number of minutes. Their point about crossing paths in a taxi is very valid! Or at least also show their current location the entire time instead of the "active today", and have a location radius you can set. Effectively crossmatching people that live within your set radius with those you’ve crossed paths with.
Definitely needs to come on board with the free credits. Even "Two peas" how has 7 free per day. 7 free total is a joke. Changing the charm to "say hi" a few updates ago is deceptive and I a wasted free charm because I thought it meant someone had matched with me. Another friend who had just loaded the app wasted 3 because she thought they were like "super-likes" that renewed daily.
Adding more between the grid might also be good because it's easy to accidentally waste a charm while you're either scrolling through or have meant to "swipe left" on someone (by hitting the "x").
As previously suggested by others clearing people we've swiped left on permanently would also de-clutter the matches.
Good concept but has a fair way to go to catch up with Bumble& tinder.
Find people that you've come across in real life.
- HAPPN SAS
- 157.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2011-2018 happn
- In-App Purchases
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $2.99
- 60 Coins $16.99
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.