In August 2013, Kiwa Digital, in conjunction with the Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages brought the KIWA SLAM™ to the Ngulu (Language) Class of Healesville High school. Under the guidance of Aunty Joy Murphy, our Wurundjeri elder, nineteen years 7, 8 & 9 students undertook an intensive two days of Dreamtime story telling, culminating in four dreamtime stories told through striking artwork and narrated in the students' own voices.
The Kiwa Digital team in NZ then took this amazing asset and put it together into the form of a KIWA Book™ that is in front of you. Swipe through and immerse yourself in these four beautifully told traditional stories, tap on the pictures to explore different elements and find out how to say them in Wurundjeri!
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Touch pictures to hear different sound effects.
• See special animation effects bringing the picture to life.
• Use the Colour Palette to paint each page!
KIWA Book™ offers a true multi-language experience and is a great tool for learning new languages for both young and old. This KIWA Book™ includes the narration, text, and user interface in these languages:
Contact us: email@example.com
KIWA® is the world’s leading production house for experiential digital books. We partner with publishers and other content owners, using our patented technology to bring content to life in revolutionary new digital formats that deepen your child’s engagement and understanding.
Check out our website: www.kiwadigital.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KiwaDigital
UI and stability update
iPhone/iPod Touch suport
Ratings and Reviews
This is fantastic!
Well done to the students at Healesville High for creating this! I have been looking for ways to introduce my young kids to Aboriginal culture, as it is so important that they grow up knowing about it given they are Australians. This is very accessible to children and is a wonderful, interactive app! Highly recommended!
- Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages
- 188.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2015 Victoria Aboriginal Corporation for Languages & KIWA Digital Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.