By News Digital Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can experience the daily editions of the Herald Sun like never before, with the new App that brings the daily paper to life and delivers it to Apple Newsstand every morning.
That means accessing all the latest news and entertainment, plus the best AFL coverage – all on your iPad.
- Catchup anytime with access to the last seven daily editions of the paper when you want
- Interactive layout that reads like a real newspaper – only better
- Top news and opinion from your favourite Herald Sun journalists, photographers and contributors
- Each daily edition will automatically download while you sleep, so it’s ready when you wake up
- Full screen videos and photo galleries of Melbourne and Victoria news, plus the rest of Australian and world news
- Challenge yourself with fun interactive games like Sudoku and crosswords
- Enjoy your favourite lift outs, including Escape and Taste, available the same day that they are printed in the paper
- Weekly TV Guide available every Sunday
- Track the game as it happens with the Fox Sports Live Score Centre – for fans of footy and plenty of other sports
- Your local weather
Subscription is easy, either:
1) Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $23.99 per month, and receive your first month FREE.
2) Log in with an existing Herald Sun+ Membership;
To get a Herald Sun+ Membership, simply signup at heraldsun.com.au/subscribe. With this subscription, you'll also get unrestricted access to the Herald Sun’s digital content across your desktop, tablet or phone, plus great rewards. Plus, you could also receive the paper home delivered.
Please note: This App supports iPads on iOS7 and higher.
What's New in Version 4.0.6
Various bug fixes for iOS 8.x
Age app, tap the icon, wait two seconds, read paper.
Australian app, tap the icon, wait three seconds, read paper.
Herald sun app, tap the icon, scroll through 7 editions starting with the oldest as opposed to the newest, tap download, wait 5-7 mins for download in foreground (other apps download in background and are ready to go) ,watch spinning wheel after download finished for another few minutes, acknowledge error saying "sorry, we had a problem etc, close app, restart app and repeat entire process a few times....
After repeating this frustrating ritual every morning since January 7th, countless re-installs, and hours searching forums for a solution, I have given up on the herald sun. If it was some low budget school newspaper with a circulation of a few hundred you could maybe forgive the abysmal quality of this app. I remain dumbfounded by the apparent apathy exhibited by the digital platform staff and management towards the PAYING CUSTOMERS by allowing this untenable situation to continue.
WILL SOMEBODY WHO IS EMPOWERED TO MAKE A DECISION WITHIN THE NEWS CORP ORGANISATION PLEASE EXTRACT THEIR HEAD FROM THEIR BUM AND FIX THIS NOW.
Just updated my version to the latest 7-Jan-15 and it still has a hernia when opening up comics where I have to resort to downloading the paper edition. Still a few more bugs to be overcome.
Pity you can't rate zero stars...
My earlier review still here (must be because this is a "minor" update) - I agree with others about the infrequent updates and the app crashing. Today my app refused to open (it would just minimise after a few seconds every time). The only way to fix it was to remove (losing any downloaded content) and reinstall it from iTunes.
Constant crashing, freezing and slow to load
Won't load and have to constantly delete and reload app. Once actually able to open and read the paper it is very slow to load pages and there are a lot of whole page advertisements that take longest to load and can't be skipped until you do. Overall it really is a crappy app. If it was a free app then maybe you'd forgive their apparent lack of caring about fixing but it's a paid app and has been bad for months now. Don't bother!
- Category: News
- Updated: 07 January 2015
- Version: 4.0.6
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News Digital Media
- © Herald and Weekly Times Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Herald Sun$23.99