Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts; drag and resize images on screen
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories and reorder category display order
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 6 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense break-down (Available in the Expenses screen).
- Export data/reports by email or via WiFi
- Automatically sync multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- Large numeric keypad for expense/income amount entry
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Intuitive, as flexible and comprehensive as you need it to be
I started off with the free Lite version at the end of 2010 and within 2 months bought the full version with Sync functionality. Over the last 7 years this app has proven the number 1 used app and absolutely essential in my daily life. Over 7 years as well I've reached out to the Support team once or twice, most recently 2 days ago for bugs and everytime I wasn't disappointed. Quick reply from James to say bug is known (exchange rate conversion) and update coming in next few days. True to their word an update came this morning and all fixed up. Fantastic support and all round indispensable app if you want to track daily cash flows and overall finances.
So far, so good. But...
I’ve thus far managed to manually set up all my accounts and manually import transactions via the OFX function. I've set up a budget; scheduled recurring bills; added payees; and so far... WOW
However... I’m in Australia. And there is no support for our banks with regard to the linking of accounts. Further, our tax/financial year is June 30, not December 31. Having support for our accounts, plus the same concession to use “yearly” as June to June, would be fantastic.
Last suggestion - allow the option of “alerts” on purely advocacy expenses. I’d love alerts on those, but having alerts on my fixed direct debits would drive me batty!
Choose this one
There are so many budget apps out there! I needed a new one as my old app was lacking a few features - most notably a reliable sync feature across my devices AND a desktop version. It took a while to set up - thankfully there is an import feature. But once done I am discovering a whole bunch of really well refined features. Even a small feature such as a check next to each entry which you can mark when the entry has been crosschecked with your bank statement makes such a difference
- Anishu, Inc.
- 26.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Anishu, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.