Hoyts Movie App
By The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hoyts Cinemas, Australia's leading cinema exhibitor is now in the App Store!
Search and secure your movie tickets with ease and speed.
• Get information on all the LATEST MOVIES
• Find your nearest Hoyts Cinema by GPS
• Get the LATEST SESSION TIMES for your preferred Hoyts Cinema
• BUY TICKETS and secure your seats instantly
• Log in and earn points with Hoyts Rewards
What's New in Version 1.2
• Filter Cinemas by type (e.g. La Premiere, Xtremescreen, IMAX).
• Filter Movies by special attributes (e.g 3D, Closed Caption, Members Screening).
• View cinema type and special attributes for each session in the session listing.
VERY POOR EFFORT. Needs replacement or huge update ASAP if Hoyts want more people in their cinemas.
App lacks serious polish and should be replaced or updated ASAP If Hoyts wants more people in their cinemas. Feels thrown together clunky and hardly informative.
- boring UI
- favorites cinemas ignored - always starts on all cinemas
- poor design
- navigating feels clunky
- has to RELOAD images of cinemas everytime it's launched
- no view options for lists etc
- cinema icon photos poor quality
- slow to startup / pull info down
- button placement / overall design sub par
- movie information not available when viewing session times ( easily fixable with "i" icon + linked info page )
- movie information extremely limited , no info on directors, actors, run times etc
- link to trailers / reviews ???
- alerts for coming soon attractions when they are released
- slower to use than going through proper website
- perhaps offer discounted foods/ combos as incentives for people to use app + go to Hoyts.
- The app serves its very basic purpose, to display session times + extremely limited movie info.
So much potential for Hoyts to lure in many more customers regularly - ROI is big if you put proper time and funds into giving this App a serious overhaul or replacement.
I waited as long as I could to update my review but now you are just lagging behind. iOS 6 has been out for ages and passbook is here and now! You have the ability to be an early adopter and make the most of passbook but you're just not making the most of it! you should integrate the app with passbook so that you can purchase tickets through the app, get the tickets to pop up when you arrive at the cinema, and scan through on the phone. You should also allow for rewards to be integrated so that when you scan it updates the value on the app etc. You are also environmentally friendly - boast that to the board if you need backup! There are not yet many apps using passbook so be an early adopter and your sales will benefit. You are already ahead of Village Cinemas regarding the app so really make the most of it because others will be close behind! I already prefer hoyts because you have an app so imagine what would happen if you integrated with passbook. Look at these reviews and listen to your followers. Don't make me beg
iPhone 5 update
This app is very useful to know what times and stuff but sometimes it only shows a couple of days in advance, it's gets really annoying when your trying to plan a day out to the movies and you don't know what movies and times there are in like 5 days before.
Also it would be good if it was an update for an iPhone 5 where it is full screen to view more of the app
Also more choices to view hoyts rewards, this has nothing to do with the app but some movies don't show in Western Australian movie theatres such as after earth.
Dearest regards Joey De Freitas