Hoyts Cinema Australia
By The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Watch trailers, find out movie information and view session times at your favourite cinema(s), select seats and buy tickets all from the palm of your hand! Make use of HOYTS express cues or kiosks at selected cinemas to quickly immerse yourself in the movie going experience.
Access helpful features including:
- Find out if a movie is right for you - read synopses, watch trailers, discover cast members and access classification and consumer information
- Take advantage of exclusive online offers on the go
- See what other customers think about movies
- Discover the features of your local cinema - like finding out which have premium options
- Select up to three of your favourite cinemas to find out at a glance the sessions playing near you
- Choose your favourite seats
- Payment options include credit card, giftcard, vouchers or paypal
- HOYTS Members can save a credit card for faster purchases
- Printing tickets is a thing of the past! Use the app to access tickets purchased on mobile. HOYTS members can also see tickets they purchased on hoyts.com.au on their mobile device!
- HOYTS members can sign in to earn or redeem points, rate movies or add movies to your flicks list to be notified when tickets go on sale
- Tell your friends about the movie you're going to by sharing on Facebook or Twitter
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Improvements and updates.
Could be so much more
Not only does the app crash more of ten than not, I have it the benefit of the doub... until last night where I saw a glaring hole!
The app shows you your tick history and your ticket barcodes so you don’t have to wait in line which is awesome... although, it DOES NOT show you the seat numbers that you selected when you bought the tickets. All we could find was the amount paid, the barcode and the quantity. After scrolling through my emails for 5 minutes trying to find my confirmation, we finally could head to our seats.
Hopefully Hoyts fixes this error soon... or at least, please be sure to take a screenshot when you purchase tickets!
Seriously the worst app I’ve ever come across. Constantly crashes. At times it won’t let you scroll down to the bottom of the screen. I tried to buy tickets using app and it kept declining my payment method. Yet, under ticket history it’s showing me two lots of “my tickets” - the tickets that we attempted to purchase but were declined! Ended up going online and purchasing tickets there (with the same credit card - and did not decline online). Stupid app!! How the heck do I get the tickets under the app to clear/go away. They were declined, so why still show under “my tickets”. First and last time I use this app.
Bug fixes needed ASAP!
When purchasing tickets and on entering name on credit card, white screen, frozen. Seats show up as taken after app is closed. There is no option to use two different gift cards if balance is less than purchase price, you have to use credit card for the balance. Tickets in app do not show seat or cinema numbers, have to use email details to see that information. Fix these few things and it would be so much more user friendly.