Hoyts Cinema Australia
By The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch trailers, find out movie information and view session times at your favourite cinema(s), select seats and buy tickets all from the palm of your hand! Make use of HOYTS express cues or kiosks at selected cinemas to quickly immerse yourself in the movie going experience.
Access helpful features including:
- Find out if a movie is right for you - read synopses, watch trailers, discover cast members and access classification and consumer information
- Take advantage of exclusive online offers on the go
- See what other customers think about movies
- Discover the features of your local cinema - like finding out which have premium options
- Select up to three of your favourite cinemas to find out at a glance the sessions playing near you
- Choose your favourite seats
- Payment options include credit card, giftcard, vouchers or paypal
- HOYTS Members can save a credit card for faster purchases
- Printing tickets is a thing of the past! Use the app to access tickets purchased on mobile. HOYTS members can also see tickets they purchased on hoyts.com.au on their mobile device!
- HOYTS members can sign in to earn or redeem points, rate movies or add movies to your flicks list to be notified when tickets go on sale
- Tell your friends about the movie you're going to by sharing on Facebook or Twitter
What's New in Version 2.1
* iPhone 6/6 Plus support
* Updates for iOS 8
But wait, it gets worse
It gets one star because you can't give a zero star rating.
If removing features like being able to find movies that are about to be released and making it unusable on the iPad by displaying only a third of the screen were the development goals of this versions team, then they hit it right out of the park!!
It is so bad I have deleted it from my iPad and have resorted to google to find out what on and when. At least they have removed the sneaky login screen that made you think you had to register to enter the app (with the actual entry being small font below the boxes) with the previous "upgrade". I hate to think what kind of improvements they have in store for the next release!!
This app is almost impossible to use. The old app was much easier to use. I bought tickets but can't see them in My Tickets. Tried to log in, said details were wrong. Tried Forgot Password, next screen to put in details wouldn't bring up the keyboard to enter details. After many attempts got a server error.
Old app would put a reminder in your calendar which linked to booking details - so handy for checking in. This one, just puts the movie name in.
Terrible. Easier to book online rather than through app. So much for progress.
Oh dear…it can get worse
So another UI refresh (did you change you Marketing team and Developers recently?) but then backwards we go… Select a movie - where is it playing - select some cinemas - to be told it’s not playing there. So Google still better for movie times - fair enough but then removed the useful features such as Coming Soon and Flicks list so ends up being about top 5 films currently playing in top 5 cinemas for people essentially already in a queue buying tickets anyway. Cleaner UI so a star for that at least.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 December 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
- © 2014 Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.