Hoyts Cinema Australia
By The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch trailers, find out movie information and view session times at your favourite cinema(s), select seats and buy tickets all from the palm of your hand! Make use of HOYTS express cues or kiosks at selected cinemas to quickly immerse yourself in the movie going experience.
Access helpful features including:
- Find out if a movie is right for you - read synopses, watch trailers, discover cast members and access classification and consumer information
- Take advantage of exclusive online offers on the go
- See what other customers think about movies
- Discover the features of your local cinema - like finding out which have premium options
- Select up to three of your favourite cinemas to find out at a glance the sessions playing near you
- Choose your favourite seats
- Payment options include credit card, giftcard, vouchers or paypal
- HOYTS Members can save a credit card for faster purchases
- Printing tickets is a thing of the past! Use the app to access tickets purchased on mobile. HOYTS members can also see tickets they purchased on hoyts.com.au on their mobile device!
- HOYTS members can sign in to earn or redeem points, rate movies or add movies to your flicks list to be notified when tickets go on sale
- Tell your friends about the movie you're going to by sharing on Facebook or Twitter
What's New in Version 2.1
* iPhone 6/6 Plus support
* Updates for iOS 8
"Movies & Times" doesn't filter out movies not showing
When you choose your local cinema, then tap on "Movies & Times", then select today's date, NONE of the movies are filtered out!!! It shows future movies (when you tap on them, it says "this movie isn't available until X date"), it shows movies not even available at my specified local cinema, it shows movies which aren't even been shown any more.
This makes it difficult to know which movies are actually available to watch today, because you have to click on each and every option to know whether or not it's showing: why bother filtering local cinema, and date of visit, if the app is going to show impossible options anyway? This app is a waste of time.
Worst. App. Ever.
Just absolute rubbish! Do you read these reviews, Hoyts? Because I can't understand why you wouldn't fix the app that sells tickets to your Cinemas.
I don't mean to offend, but an unusually stupid sea lion could have written a more effective app. Your app never remembers a customers chosen (and saved) preferred cinema. It's clunky and hard to use. And often the app logic is just plain broken... I've just tried to book four tickets to Lux, selected four seats in a block, and got and error preventing me from purchasing saying I couldn't leave a single seat gap between my seats. If I chose for random seats all around the cinema it was just fine with that.
Your customers WANT to buy tickets. For pity sake, write an app that LETS us...
Works fine for me
There's a lot of whinging going on about this app so I was extra cautious about making my booking and saving my barcode.
Can't say it was anywhere near as difficult as most reviews were suggesting I just tapped the movie, tapped the cinema, tapped the Paypal option and then received an e-mail containing my barcode.
Easy!! IMO for most people this app works fine so they don't bother commenting... it's the whingers who are the most vocal.