The only scientifically validated HRV app that doesn't require an external sensor. HRV4Training helps you optimize your goals and prevent overtraining by measuring your Heart Rate Variability and providing tailored feedback on your physical condition. HRV4Training does not require a heart rate monitor, since it can accurately assess your HRV using the phone's camera.
HRV4Training also works with Apple Watch and all compatible Bluetooth SMART sensors.
HRV4Training is also the first app that goes beyond simple measurements and provides insights on:
1) acute or day to day HRV changes in response to different stressors (alcohol, travel, sick days, training, menstruation, etc.)
2) long term multi-parameter trends to look at the big picture
3) correlations between physiological measurements and annotations
4) training load analysis, fitness, fatigue, readiness to perform and injury risk
5) VO2max estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
6) Training Polarization analysis (or 80/20)
7) Lactate Threshold Estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
8) Weekly and monthly summaries to track progress.
All data is processed inside the app in order to provide you with actionable interpretations that can help optimizing your training plan and performance.
Supported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, XS, XS Max, XR
Currently unsupported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 4S, iPads and iPods - These devices require a chest strap.
- HRV-based advice helps you to adapt your trainings based on objective measures of recovery
- TAGS: lets you tag your sleep, mental energy, muscle fatigue, stress and all other parameters that can help you understand what is influencing your physical condition and physiological stress
- Works with Bluetooth SMART heart rate monitors (a Polar H7 is recommended) or simply your phone's Camera
- Configurable test (single or orthostatic, choose test duration between 1, 3 or 5 minutes)
- Extracts and stores the following features while lying down and/or standing: heart rate, mean of beat-to-beat intervals (AVNN), standard deviation of beat-to-beat intervals (SDNN), square root of the mean squared difference of successive R-Rs (rMSSD), number of pairs of successive R-Rs that differ by more than 50 ms (pNN50), low frequency power (LF, 0.04-0.15 Hz), high frequency power (HF, 0.15-0.40 Hz)
- Shows the PPG signal view to ensure signal quality during the test if the camera is used instead of a bluetooth SMART sensor
- HRV4T Recovery Points to provide a single, straightforward metric to analyze your physical condition
- Population summaries and people like you comparisons to put your data into perspective
- Analysis of compliance and consistency
- Integrates with the Health app (writes heart rate, and sleep, read sleep time)
- Data export via email or Dropbox
- Integrates with TrainingPeaks, SportTracks, Genetrainer and Strava
More details on HRV and app usage are available here:
More details on HRV using the phone's camera are available here:
HRV4Training requires to register an account with your email address, so that your data can be backed up safely and retrieved in case anything happens (app issue, changing phone, etc.).
* Integration with the Apple Watch
* Improved compatibility with new iPhones
* Minor fixes and improvements
If you like the updates, please take a few minutes to the review the app. It makes a difference. Thanks!
For any issues, contact: hello@HRV4Training.com
p.s. let us know if you'd like to experiment more. Happy to send you Camera HRV for free.
Marco & Ale
Ratings and Reviews
Information is pretty useless out of sync with reality if not just plain wrong. Obviously I am an outlier on the charts as HRV changes do not in any way align to actual real life feelings. HRV goes up after an intense strength session, telling me I can go intense when I can barely summon the energy to use the app, and telling me to back off when I am good to go after a rest day. Additional trends and analysis is really truly useless, no value in that analysis at all and the links to the website provide no useful information. I can’t believe I have wasted time and money on this pseudoscience hocus pocus. This isn’t science, this is rubbish stats unsupported by quality scientific analysis.
An app i can trust
HRV4Training is a scientifically valid, highly accurate fitness, health and heart data app that ticks all my boxes. The app dev’s - Marco and Alessandra - are highly qualified, committed, proactive and professional. HRV4Training quickly gathers all your metrics and produces relevant, easily understood raw and correlated information, helping both athletes and those managing fatiguing conditions. The app is adaptive, improving as you log more data, and packs a deceptively immense amount of useful information. It’s the only HRV app I trust.
You can’t manage what you don’t measure
After reading and listening to Dan Plews on HRV and its application for athletes, my interest piqued and his recommendation was this app. I’ve been using it for 6-7mths now and it’s amazing. Marco and Alessandra have done and continue to do an amazing job with this platform, and I look forward to using it long into the future to better inform my day to day training and racing.
- A.S.M.A. B.V.
- 26.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Marco Altini 2013
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.